The Tallahatchie River Players, along with the New Albany Rotary Club, will present “Christmas in New Albany” at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, at the Magnolia Civic Center. Tickets are $10. Seats are reserved and can be purchased from the New Albany Main Street Association office in the Union County Development Association office on Bankhead […]
Are you looking to celebrate the season with some of your favorite Christmas holiday movies? Then New Albany will have just the opportunity this week. The Tallahatchie River Players will be hosting classic movies this Christmas at 7 p.m. each night, beginning this Thursday, Dec. 2 and running through Saturday, Dec. 4. Thursday night is […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College becomes the hotbed of football activity on Saturday, December 4 as the college hosts the thirty-seventh annual Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) All-Star Football Classic. Thirteen of the Magnolia State’s 14 football playing schools are scheduled to participate in the annual classic. MACJC State Champion Mississippi […]
Blue Mountain College athletics recently formed a partnership with its next-door neighbor, the Dirt Cheap Regional Distribution Center, to establish an indoor practice facility for the Toppers baseball and softball teams. CCM Capital Assets, LLC, , the parent company of Dirt Cheap, is contributing the use of this space to BMC in support of the […]
Both men and women’s basketball teams for Northeast continued to struggle on the road during the 2010 season falling to Meridian Community College at Graham Gymnasium Monday night. Northeast men’s head coach David Robbins’ squad fell in the nightcap 76-69 while Ricky Ford’s Lady Tigers team came up short in the opener 81-74. The Tigers […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s football team continues to receive accolades since capping the year with its twelfth winning season in school history. Northeast (5-4, 4-2 in North Division) finished in a tie for the North Division runner-up spot claiming the Tigers fifth division runner-up finish in school history and first since the 1987 season when […]
Union County needs a hockey team. Hear me out. I’ve never been a huge fan of the sport, as, like soccer, I have to watch it in person to fully enjoy what’s going on. Watching it on TV just doesn’t do it for me, unless it’s the Stanley Cup Finals or World Cup. I’ve witnessed […]
Leah Paige Goolsby and Allie Newby scored in double figures, as West Union held on for a six-point win over East Union, 45-39, Tuesday night. The Lady Urchins held a one-point advantage after the first frame before being outscored 25-17 over the next two quarters. Goolsby lead West Union with 15 points, followed by Newby […]
The New Albany Lady Bulldogs seemed to be in control from start to finish, as they cruised to a 70-32 victory over county rival Ingomar Tuesday night. After a clutch performance in Saturday’s win over Briarcrest, Micha Washington stepped up once again, providing a solid showing in the paint with 21 points. Kebrina Lucas stepped […]
The thought of traveling around the country with your dog, as author John Steinbeck did in his book, “Travels with Charley,” has a certain romanticism about it. So when the family vet mentioned that my little 17-year-old terrier mutt might be too old to board, I suggested that we would just take him with us […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on