Annie Pearl Merritt Hansen, 72, of Myrtle, died Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013, at her residence. She was born July 3, 1941, in Myrtle to James Clark Merritt and Annie Lou Hudson Merritt. She was a homemaker and a member of New Oak Grove Baptist Church. Memorial services were held at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, […]
Gene Perry Tate, age 77, died Friday, August 2, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born November 13, 1935 in Utica to Grover C. and Ida Mae Shealy, and adopted in 1938 by Dr. John E. and Katherine Tate. He was a graduate of the University of Mississippi receiving a Master’s […]
Emily Nell Roberts Cobb, 86, of Blue Springs, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born Oct. 14, 1926, in Union County to Willie H. Roberts and Jenny E. Adams Roberts. She was a retired sales clerk for Graber’s Department Store. She was a member of the […]
Thomas Ray “Tommy” Shafer, 58, of Banner, died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at his sister’s residence. He was born May 14, 1955, in Lebanon, Tenn., to Thomas Robert Shafer and Jean Shafer Freeman. He was a member of Pontotoc Church of Christ. He worked in sales for many years and was a self-employed painter until […]
Mary Nell “Myrt” Stephens Fooshee, 86, of Ecru, passed away Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at home. She was born Sept. 4, 1926, to Ollie H. and Nellie Sue Ballard in Nashville, where she grew up. She married John Dick Stephens and they made their home in Ecru and raised six children. She retired from Ram […]
John Ezekiel Clovis Russell, 93, of Thaxton, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a member of Union Nazarene Church and also attended Sand Springs Church. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of the American Legion. He was a retired farmer and […]
William “Bill” Stewart Gresham, age 81, died Thursday, August 1, 2013 at his residence. He was born September 27, 1931 in Tuscaloosa, Ala. to the late Stewart Vardaman Gresham and Clara Mae Lauderdale Gresham. He was retired from the United States Air Force, and the Ashland Oil Company. Services were held at 4 p.m. Saturday, […]
Amy Audrey Hill Vest, 98, died Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany. She was born Nov. 1, 1914, in Appleton, Ark., to John Alexander Hill and Etta Louellen Wiley Hill. She was a practical nurse and a homemaker. She was the oldest member of New Albany Church of […]
Virgie V. Pannell Piktel, 81, of Dumas, went to her Lord on Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013. She was born Aug. 22, 1931. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Ripley Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Gene Coltharp, Bro. Randy Estes and Stevie Pannell officiating. Interment was at Pine Grove Cemetery with no graveside […]
James Leighton Browning, 83, died Monday, July 29, 2013, at Church Street Personal Care Home in Ecru. He was born Nov. 7, 1929, in Union County to Clarence Edward Browning and Alma Langford Browning. He was a retired farmer and former employee of Mississippi Department of Transportation. He was a avid fisherman, gardener and dominos […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry