Allie Rae Epting – East Union Attendance Center Allie is the daughter of Johnny and Debbie Epting Zane Treadaway – “Allie is a dedicated, passionate and intelligent young lady who strives for perfection in ever aspect of he life” Allie plans to attend Northeast Mississippi Community College with a major in Nursing. […]
The New Albany Park Commission announces that the Spray Park at BNA Bank Park will open May 24. For Memorial Day only, the spray park will be open on Monday, May 26 from noon to 6:00 p.m. Summer hours of operation: Tuesday – Friday through Labor Day: open noon – 6:00 p.m. Saturday hours: […]
A team of three volunteers from New Albany recently attended a two-day workshop where they were awarded a $3,000 grant through the Appalachian Regional Commission. Their winning proposal, “I Folk Art NA” is aimed at providing free folk art classes and entrepreneurial skills to youth and adults. The grant is part of the Appalachian Community […]
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
Biscuits & Jam Farmers’ Market will host Folk Art on the River every second Saturday during the market’s season, June 14, July 12 and August 9. Hours for second Saturdays will be 7:30 a.m. to noon. Artwork must be handmade. Ten free spaces will be available for the top 10 applications. These spaces will include […]
All governmental offices will be closed Monday, may 26, in observance of Memorial Day. Some businesses will close as well, including the New Albany Gazette. Because of the holiday, all news and advertising deadlines will be one business day earlier. Garbage pickup out in the county will not be affected by the holiday. The solid-waste […]
Booneville, Miss. – With another banner season in the books, the Northeast Mississippi Community College baseball program is ready to pass its knowledge and winning mannerisms to the next generation of stars on the diamond. The Tigers have scheduled their annual youth summer camp for May 26-28 at Harold T. White Field. The three-day event […]
The Nolan Brothers Cotton States League is excited about beginning their sixth season with their Opening Day ceremonies scheduled for May 31st at 1:00 pm at BNA Bank Park in New Albany. Almost 150 players applied to play in this collegiate wood bat league. The annual draft was held Monday, May 12 and players were […]
The receipt of a $20,000 federal grant to help further develop the local farmers’ market is good news for both the market and downtown New Albany. After a study is conducted to determine the best way to improve the market, the Appalachian Regional Commission will provide up to $20,000 to help implement it. New Albany […]
Nearly 200 Ingomar students from Pre-K through second grade had a special Breakfast With Moms this past Friday at the school. Assistant Principal Roben Denton said the annual event gives students and parents a time to share at the school for parents can see some of what goes on there. The school also sponsored breakfasts […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on