Mayor Tim Kent was expected to be released from North Mississippi Medical Center Thursday after being severely injured in a freak accident Tuesday night. According to Shellie Kent, his wife, the mayor was in his shop at home working on an old Jeep he has been in the process of restoring. While he was using […]
Police Investigator Chad Glasson said that officers have two suspects in custody in connection with the burglary of the Beneficial Pawn Shop on West Bankhead Saturday, June 7, during which 18 handguns were stolen. He declined to release further specific information at this time, citing a “wide-scale multi-agency investigation” that is continuing in the case. […]
Fun with collage, watercolor, acrylics, weird science and drums – all southern, mind you, is what’s on tap for Museum Madness Summer Discovery Camp 2014. The date for the annual museum camp for children ages incoming 2nd grade to incoming 5th grade is July 21 -25. The day will start at 9 a.m. each day […]
Embrace, First United Methodist Church’s outreach program, will hold a special event at the North Side Park between Alabama and Broad Streets from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, June 28. A brief devotional will be included, along with a variety of games and activities. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be available and if the weather […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar posted wins over Tremont and Potts Camp while Myrtle rallied in the late innings to slip by New Albany in summer fast pitch action at Ingomar on Thursday. Myrtle 7, New Albany 6 Myrtle rallied in the fifth and sixth inning to score all seven runs after New Albany had raced to […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – West Union’s Lady Eagles took a convincing 33-18 win over Hickory Flat while Ingomar fell a point short, losing to Independence 24-23 in girls’ summer basketball play at Myrtle on Monday. West Union 33, Hickory Flat 18 The Lady Eagles used a stifling defense to post an early 14-5 first […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle scored all their runs in the first inning on Tuesday night and coasted to a 3-0 win over Potts Camp in summer baseball action. Lane Bishop hit a leadoff single and was followed by Anthony Lipsey’s single. Brandon Perkins, the number three hitter in the Hawks lineup, drove in […]
Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith said she was again pleased with attendance at the Fossil Road Show there Saturday. The annual event is drawing an increasing number of local attendees as well as more vendors and mineral and fossil experts, she said. Dr. Charles T. Swann with the Mississippi Mineral Resource Institute at […]
Today’s issue of the Gazette contains the fifth edition of Explore Magazine, our annual glossy tourism and marketing guide touting the benefits of New Albany and Union County. It’s something all of us at the Gazette are proud of because it has been an unqualified success story. It certainly wasn’t a guarantee when we took […]
Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford is accepting absentee ballots for next week’s Republican senate race run-off, but Saturday will be the last day anyone may cast an absentee ballot in person. Absentee ballots that are mailed in can be received by Stanford’s office up to 5 p.m. next Monday, the day before the election. […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on