The New Albany Bulldogs football team has completed an undefeated regular season for the first time since 1963. In doing so, the team also tied the most wins ever by a New Albany team, a record set in 1982 by a team that went l1-2 and lost in the state championship game. It’s been a […]
The senior class was named the “Players of the Week” for the Oct. 29 game versus Tishomingo County. Seniors include: Reggie Webb, Dalvin Carr, Tyler Basil, Sam Jackson Dunnam, Joshua Googe, Taylor Goode, Shaq Garner, Kareem Brown, Taylor McCreight, Kelvin Worship, Shane Smith, Zach Hand, Timothy Abrams, Zach Marise, Shawn Smith, Collin Stubblefield, Mario Waldrop, […]
When it gets to the point where I can no longer wear flip flops outside without feeling like my toes are going to freeze off, and it’s time for me to move indoors, I know it’s basketball season. I’ve been so caught up with football and whatnot, that the new season kind of snuck up […]
Moses Kingsley can tell you the exact date he started playing basketball. August 27, 2007. Since picking up the game in his native country of Nigeria, the 6’9 Kingsley has grown to love the sport, bringing his talents to New Albany this year. “He’s brought a lot of things to the program,” Bulldogs’ head coach […]
About once a month, a reunion takes place around New Albany. The occasional lunch date with former Bulldog coach, Bill Ward, gives the gentlemen who played football in the 1960’s time to reminisce on the program in the that era, which is parallel to this year, as New Albany completed their first undefeated regular season […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Sports Hall of Fame continues to grow. Northeast enshrined its third class of former athletes and coaches during Homecoming 2010 activities on Saturday, October 16 at the Booneville-based college. Joining the ranks of the Hall of Fame include former Tiger football and baseball player Mike Grier, former Tiger basketball […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s storied softball team continues to rack up honors as we edge closer to the 2011 season. Four players, as well the Lady Tigers coach, have been selected to represent the Lady Tigers in the 2010 Domino’s Mississippi JUCO All Star Showcase. Sophomores Robin Franks, Leslie Hendrix, Taylor Moore, and […]
Applications for assistance from the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program are now being taken at the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave. Resident families of Union County in need of help may apply this week. Forms also are available at the New Albany City Hall, the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office and at […]
The Union County chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution honored Marjorie Ann Randolph Bevill for her fifty-year membership in the Ishtehotopah chapter during a recent chapter meeting. Bevill became inspired with the ideals of the DAR at age 18 when she attended Northeast Mississippi Community College and the house mother at the girl’s […]
Bill Morgan, 54, has announced his candidacy for the office of Ward 4 alderman in the Nov. 22 special election. Morgan, a lifelong resident of New Albany, is a graduate of W.P. Daniel High School and has been self-employed in the dirt excavation business since 1974. He has been married to Paula Coker Morgan of […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on