Robert Montgomery led a 12-0 run in overtime to lead the Hawks over West Oktibbeha, 83-71 in the final game of Myrtle’s Christmas Classic Tuesday night. The Timberwolves opened the extra period on a 6-0 run with four points from Dantaveaus Crawford. Montgomery and the Hawks connected on 10-of-11 free throws after that point to […]
Three or four months after I arrived at the Gazette in May 2009, a friend asked if I had started working on Sharing at Christmas yet. “What’s that?” I asked. “Oh, you’ll see,” she said, with a laugh. As I arrived home Friday night, with aching feet and back, I remembered that conversation. Friday was […]
Holiday party season is here and at many parties there will be beer, wine or liquor. So, it’s a good time to remind ourselves that if we drink, drink responsibly. Don’t let that beer or glass of wine with dinner turn into more than that, and a blood alcohol content that could impair your driving. […]
Brooke Sides was among several Lady Bulldogs honored recently in the Region 1-4A All-Division team for slow pitch softball. The senior earned Defensive MVP honors for the Lady ‘Dawgs, who made an appearance in the 4A playoffs, falling to Amory in the first round. Sides is one of six honorees on the All-Division team for […]
The Commodores fought off an early deficit, defeating Ingomar, 54-49, in the Myrtle Christmas Clash on Monday. Down 18-8, Brandon Mack scored 10 of Lafayette’s 18 second quarter points to help the ‘Dores go ahead 26-23 at the break. Lafayette used a 10-0 run to start the comeback, and the two teams traded baskets with […]
If Aspriona Gilbert’s performance against East Union was uncharacteristic, she broke the slump quickly, leading the Lady Hawks in their win over Lafayette, 66-63 on Monday. The 6’0 junior scored only nine points in Myrtle’s win against the Lady Urchins last Thursday, but followed that showing with 36 points and 22 rebounds against the […]
New Albany dropped their final game of the Tournament of Champions on Saturday, falling to Ozark, MO, 56-44. “It was a very poor performance by the Lady 'Dawgs,” NAHS head coach John Stroud said. “It was a really slow tempo, and they got ahead early. We got down by seven or eight points, and we […]
The Lady Hawks will face one of their toughest opponents in Lafayette on Monday, and Myrtle used their Thursday night match-up against East Union to prepare, defeating the Lady Urchins, 77-24. Keanna Cox led Myrtle with 23 points, as she was one of four Lady Hawks that scored in double figures (Halle Knowles 14, Jenna […]
Clara M. Davis Malone, 96, of Myrtle, died Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 at her home. She was born Nov. 30, 1914 in Saltillo, MS to the late Jim and Claudie Lee Sappington Davis. She was retired from Mohasco Mfg. and was a member of Enterprise Baptist Church. Funeral services wer at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. […]
November 24 CR 291: Caller reported last trailer on right is playing loud music, causing a disturbance. CR 115: Caller advised her boyfriend causing a disturbance. CR 64 N: Caller advised subject in Chevy truck had done donuts in her yard and then possibly 10-50 when leaving. Peterson/Cleveland: Loud music/screaming CR 104: Subject causing a […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on