Donations are now being accepted for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program, which will be provide about 250 families with holiday food and toys for their children. Applications to receive assistance must be turned in to the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave., by 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6. No phone, mail or […]
Angele Mueller announces her candidacy for the position of Ward 4 Alderman. Mueller is a 1989 graduate of the University of Mississippi where she earned a BA degree in recreation management and also received a master’s in education from the University of South Carolina in 1995. She has taught at Oxford Elementary […]
Before the qualifying deadline ended Tuesday, two more New Albany residents had joined the race for the Ward 4 New Albany Board of Alderman post. John Ellis and Jason Butler both qualified Tuesday afternoon. They join Will Tucker, Terry Medlin, Jody Walls, Jane Ford, Tim Broom, Bill Morgan and Angele Mueller as candidates in the […]
Veterans of the United States’ armed forces will be saluted during several area programs next week in honor of Veterans Day. On Veterans Day, a Blue Star marker, as part of the Blue Star Memorial Program, will be placed in downtown New Albany at the Tallahatchie Bridge as a way to honor veterans of World […]
The New Albany Bulldogs football team has completed an undefeated regular season for the first time since 1963. In doing so, the team also tied the most wins ever by a New Albany team, a record set in 1982 by a team that went l1-2 and lost in the state championship game. It’s been a […]
The senior class was named the “Players of the Week” for the Oct. 29 game versus Tishomingo County. Seniors include: Reggie Webb, Dalvin Carr, Tyler Basil, Sam Jackson Dunnam, Joshua Googe, Taylor Goode, Shaq Garner, Kareem Brown, Taylor McCreight, Kelvin Worship, Shane Smith, Zach Hand, Timothy Abrams, Zach Marise, Shawn Smith, Collin Stubblefield, Mario Waldrop, […]
When it gets to the point where I can no longer wear flip flops outside without feeling like my toes are going to freeze off, and it’s time for me to move indoors, I know it’s basketball season. I’ve been so caught up with football and whatnot, that the new season kind of snuck up […]
Moses Kingsley can tell you the exact date he started playing basketball. August 27, 2007. Since picking up the game in his native country of Nigeria, the 6’9 Kingsley has grown to love the sport, bringing his talents to New Albany this year. “He’s brought a lot of things to the program,” Bulldogs’ head coach […]
About once a month, a reunion takes place around New Albany. The occasional lunch date with former Bulldog coach, Bill Ward, gives the gentlemen who played football in the 1960’s time to reminisce on the program in the that era, which is parallel to this year, as New Albany completed their first undefeated regular season […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Sports Hall of Fame continues to grow. Northeast enshrined its third class of former athletes and coaches during Homecoming 2010 activities on Saturday, October 16 at the Booneville-based college. Joining the ranks of the Hall of Fame include former Tiger football and baseball player Mike Grier, former Tiger basketball […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on