Staff reports The Mississippi Development Authority has awarded New Albany Marketing & Tourism State Tourism grants, totaling over $7,000, for three events with two of the events being first-time events. The events that will receive the grants are the Summer Solstice/Freedom Celebration that will take place this year on June 21; the Tallahatchie RiverFest that […]
NEW ALBANY – With big shoes to fill, new New Albany head coach Suzy Bowman is ready. “A great foundation has already been laid for me with the work put in by Coach Creekmore and before her Coach Judy Brown. And there are a great group of kids with lots of talent, and also there […]
WEST UNION – After ten years on the field with the Lady Eagles softball team, Head Coach Lisa Bogue is hanging up her cleats. “It’s one of the toughest decision I’ve ever made,” Bogue said after the Union County School Board accepted her resignation during their June 3 meeting, “But it felt like the right […]
INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
JACKSON – Three Union county baseball players closed their high school careers on Saturday as participants in the MAC All-Star game at Smith-Willis Stadium in Jackson, Miss. Despite the North team leading for the majority of the game, the South squad just edged them out in the final inning for a walk-off base hit, winning […]
TUPELO – Two New Albany Bulldogs received the opportunity to compete as some of the top football talent in the state. Rising seniors Jake McDonald and Devin Wilson took part in the Southern Select Combine at Tupelo High School on Saturday, increasing their visibility for recruiters in the hope of furthering their careers after high […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Summer league baseball jumped out to a strong start for the East Union Urchins, who swept Ingomar, Myrtle and Booneville in a Thursday afternoon tournament of three five-inning contests. Ingomar also picked up a win, defeating Booneville 4-0 in the second game of the day. East Union 4, Booneville 3 Rising senior […]
Getting better. With five seasons in the books, the Nolan Brothers Cotton States League will embark on its sixth season with that motto in mind. “It’s what the players do, they come spend a couple of months playing a game they love and getting better at it,” Director of Baseball Operations Frank Dodds said. What […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on