A “State of the Region” report will be presented at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, in the Cine Theatre at the Magnolia Civic Center by the CREATE Foundation. The report will include highlights about Union County from the foundation’s annual regional report meeting held in Tupelo. The event will include lots of information about Union […]
Union County District Two Supervisor is now recuperating at home, nearly two and a half weeks after being involved in a one-vehicle accident on Highway 30 West. Coffey, who had been in the trauma and intensive care unit of Regional Medical Center in Memphis since Sept. 18 was released last Tuesday, Sept. 28. Coffey had […]
One eighth grader recently learned about leadership and what roles leadership play in building the United States when he visited Washington, D. C. with other students. Brandon Crane, a student at West Union Attendance Center, was accepted into the People to People World Leadership Forum. Because of this acceptance, Crane was able to visit the […]
The body of New Albany native and Tupelo dentist Dr. Thurmond Beasley was found Thursday morning, according to officials with the Tupelo Police Department. According to a press statement released by Tupelo authorities, Beasley’s body was found in his vehicle, which had apparently gone off the road in Alabama. “This morning a state road crew […]
Brian and Brittney Voyles are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Brianah Cheryl Voyles, who was born at 7:50 a.m. on September 8, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces and measured 18 ½ inches long. She was welcomed by her big brother Bryson. Her grandparents are Glen […]
Eric and Melanie Randle of Oxford, Miss. welcomed son Reid Andrew Randle into the world on August 5, 2010 at 8:37 a.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital–North Mississippi. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and measured 19 inches long. He was greeted by his sister, Ava, age 3. His grandparents are Warren and Tricia Hatcher ofTucson, […]
Chad and Lauren Bailey of New Albany, Miss. welcomed daughter Adeline Creel Bailey into the world on August 11, 2010 at 12:26 p.m. at North Mississippi Women’s Center. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 20 1/4 inches long. She is the granddaughter of David and Rhonda McCowan of Cullman, Ala. and Steve and […]
Ashley Traylor and Chad Frazier of New Albany, Miss. welcomed daughter Kinsley Claire Frazier into the world on June 11, 2010 at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 0 ounces and measured 19 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Carlton and Kim Traylor of Hammond, La., Connie Aron of Brooklyn, […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry