The Falcons played as perfect of quarter as they could enroute to their 80-61 win over South Pontotoc Monday night. Ingomar dumped 30 points on the Cougars while holding the home squad to only three in the frame. Henry Foster led with 12 points in the first. “I didn’t know who that team was out […]
The Union County Development Association has announced that the New Albany Christmas parade, scheduled to happen Monday evening, has been postponed to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 30. According to UCDA Executive Director Phil Nanney, the decision to postpone the parade came in light of a severe weather forecast for Monday evening. The Weather Channel […]
A meeting last week to discuss “The State of Union County,” and consider ways to improve it, left us a little cold. And not just because the heat wasn’t turned on in the Magnolia Civic Center, either. Oh, the folks from CREATE Foundation in Tupelo, who presented the material, did their job with a Power-Point […]
Micha Washington stepped to the line and delivered for the Lady Bulldogs, as they defeated Briarcrest, 39-37 Saturday night. The Lady Saints had an opportunity to capitalize on a late turnover with less than a minute remaining, and Washington’s shots from the penalty stripe helped the Lady Bulldogs remain undefeated on the young season. Much […]
Gazette readers have contributed $2,565 to far toward the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. The goal for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazatte with the help of many community volunteers, is $20,000. The program provides about 250 families with food assistance […]
People are preparing floats and getting Christmas decorations together for the annual New Albany Christmas parade. The grand marshal for this year’s parade is Hilda Hill, a former teacher both at Ingomar and New Albany schools. Hill is originally of Calhoun City in Calhoun County. As a child in Calhoun City, she was a […]
Ward 4 election results Candidate Total Votes Percentage Tim Broom 39 6.21% Joe Jason Butler 16 2.55% John Ellis 27 4.30% Jane R. Ford 64 10.19% Terry Medlin 96 15.29% Bill Morgan 35 5.57% Angele Mueller 119 18.95% Will Tucker 215 34.24% Jody Walls 17 2.71% […]
Well, this was the first time in roughly 15 weeks that I had nothing to do with football. Think about how much time that is giving your undivided attention to one sport. For the better part of three months, I’ve had a strict weekly routine of visits to the field house, followed by interviews for […]
While the group of Blue Mountain College runners that competed Saturday in the NAIA Cross Country National Championships enjoyed their visit to Vancouver, Wash., they returned to campus determined to return in a year. “It was a great experience and we were thrilled to be able to compete in the National Championships,” said BMC cross […]
Number one’s faced off Tuesday night with New Albany fighting off a late rally to defeat Ripley, 62-54. Up by 16 at the half, the top team in 4A watched as Jayla Chillis led the 3A top ranked Lady Tigers on a 14-2 run and were only down by one, 48-47. Regaining their focus, New […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry