The Tallahatchie River Players will present “Music at the Magnolia” this Saturday, Oct. 10, starting at 6 p.m. in the Magnolia Room of the civic center. The night features a catered dinner accompanied and followed by music by Tina Barkley and Mark Garrett singing light jazz and soothing tunes. The program is part of expansion […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union had three possessions in the first quarter of Thursday’s Division 1-2A against H.W. Byers and the Urchins made the best of them, scoring three touchdowns to key a fast start and huge 42-6 win. “This is the point that we were wanting to get to, being 1-0 in […]
East Union clinches division title and drops softball powerhouse from undefeated ranks BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union book-ended a couple of home runs in their Division 1-2A game against Baldwyn to take a 13-3 win in five innings on Thursday. On Saturday the Lady Urchins ended Mooreville’s hopes for an undefeated season by […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union got a bit of redemption on Saturday as the Lady Unchins defeated Mooreville 21-10, handing the Lady Troopers their only defeat of the season. Mooreville had beaten the Lady Urchins 19-9 earlier in the week at East Union. Sallie Pannell put the Lady Urchins in the lead with her grand […]
Tomorrow, Oct. 3, is the last day a first-time voter can register to participate in the Nov. 3 general election. Noon Saturday is also the deadline for anyone who needs to update voter registration information because he or she has experienced a change of address, undergone a name change or anything that contradicts information that […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union book-ended a couple of home runs in their Division 1-2A game against Baldwyn to take a 13-3 win in five innings on Thursday. Raelee Bell led off the East Union first with a solo shot and Tianna Castillo ended it all with her walkoff three-run homer in the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union had three possessions in the first quarter of Thursday’s Division 1-2A against H.W. Byers and the Urchins made the best of them, scoring three touchdowns to key a fast start and huge 42-6 win. The Urchins wasted little time on the opening possession of the game, driving 70 […]
The effort by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County to offer quality-focused health care while controlling costs has reaped dividends both for patients and the hospital. Baptist is one of only three hospitals in the country recognized with the Quest Award for High-Value Healthcare. The other two hospitals are Memorial Hospital Miramar in Miramar, Fla., and West […]
The Union County Historical Society and Rotary Club of New Albany carried off another successful Rubber Duck Regatta during the Tallahatchie RiverFest Saturday. The two organizations joined for the first regatta a year ago to raise funds for their respective projects. They started off selling sponsorships for 1,000 bathtub-appropriate rubber ducks that were to be […]
Union County’s Jobless rate for August was down slightly again from July, which was a half percentage point lower than June’s. All the counties in Northeast Mississippi reported similar decreases. Union County listed 4.4 percent unemployment for August, a decrease from the higher 5.0 percent the previous month. This moves Union County one level higher […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on