Charles Lee Turpin, 77, of Thaxton, died Tuesday, June 25, 2013, at his home in Thaxton. Born in Lafayette County, he was a member of the National Rifle Association. He had nearly 30 years of sobriety with Alcoholics Anonymous. Services were at 2 p.m. Friday, June 28, in the Chapel of Waller Funeral Home with […]
Gerald Keats Baldwin, 79, of Pontotoc, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. He attended Mississippi State University. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran. He was a U.S. marshal for 21 years before retiring. He enjoyed his retirement and drinking coffee with the “Hardee” boys. Services were Wednesday, June […]
Reecie Lou Thompson, 95, of Aberdeen, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. She was born, April 20, 1918, in Greenwood Springs to Monte Evans and Maggie Lou Evans. She was a lifelong resident of Monroe County. She worked at Seminole Manufacturing Company until its closing in 1974. She was co-owner […]
By J. Lynn West Aldermen this past Tuesday voted to amend the city’s sign ordinance to make sure the same regulations that apply to liquor stores in commercially zoned area also apply to industrially zoned areas. The scheduled public hearing drew no comments for or against with city attorney Regan Russell only offering a brief […]
Craig Baker, the suspect in the murder of Amanda Price, pleaded guilty to the crime earlier today. Price was shot to death when she stepped out of the back door of her home Dec. 5, 2011. Ron Price, her husband and head football coach at New Albany High School, was shot in the shoulder […]
Union County Democrats to meet There will be a meeting sponsored by the Union County Democratic Party at the Union County Library on Thursday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss future plans. All Democrats are urged to be there and be a part of important planning for future projects. Anyone who has questions may […]
New Student Registration Grades K-12 Tuesday, July 30 9:00-5:00. Must bring previous report card or withdrawal forms, Birth Certificate, SS Card, MS shot record, and 2 dated proofs of residency. Ex: Driver’s License, Utility Bill, lease or mortgage receipt. Please call the school if you have any questions, 988-2416. MEET THE TEACHER NIGHT grades Pre-K-6 […]
It was one of those special God surprises Sunday evening when the gentle breezes began blowing through our back porch – more comparable to a September fall breeze than a pre-July. Then the sounds of firecrackers covered the sound of rustling leaves. Children in the adjoining neighborhood were heralding freedom celebration with an early start. […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell I was reminded again this week of how different our food experiences are depending on the lives we live, such as what our mama fed us when we were little, what part of the country we grew up in, where we live now. I’m in Sarasota and I’ve been cooking meals […]
By Martha Swindle A farewell reception was held Tuesday, June 25, for Alderman Dianne Jolly at Sherman Town Hall with several friends and family members. Mayor Logan presented Dianne with a key to the town, and her plaque read: “Dianne Jolly, July 1, 1993 – June 30, 2013 The Town of Sherman thanks you for […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on