David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last-minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, but […]
The public is invited to enjoy an evening of art, music, and food Friday, Aug. 9, at In Bloom’s event hall from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in downtown New Albany. Arts, Beats & Eats is an award-winning event receiving “Best Art Event” by the Mississippi Main Street Association. Arts, Beats & Eats is a juried […]
The New Albany School of Ballet and Ballet Company are already making plans for this year’s Nutcracker season. On December 13 and 14 of 2013, The New Albany Ballet Company will once again take the stage to produce “The Nutcracker” Ballet. In preparation, the company members took classes during their routine summer workshops and the […]
BY REX WILGUS For the New Albany News Exchange NEW ALBANY – The New Albany School District board of directors met for their regular meeting on August 1, 2013. The board commended Dr. Jason Dees, who has served on the board from 2005 to 2013, for his service to the school district. Dr. Dees was […]
Artisans from across Mississippi will come together Aug. 24-25 for a weekend of shopping, fun and community giving. For two days in August, the Trademart in Jackson will come alive with arts and crafts, musicians, and much more when The Mississippi Craft Show returns. Hailing from 33 cities, from Corinth to Tylertown; in 24 counties, […]
Bradley Littlejohn, Lance Moore, and Brock White will present Paid In Full’s 22nd Anniversary Homecoming concert on Saturday, August 10, at Hillcrest Baptist Church in New Albany at 6:00 p.m. This year’s event will feature Gene McDonald, former member of the Florida Boys Quartet and current member of the Gaither Homecoming Tour, as well as […]
Newly hired marketing director Sean Johnson doesn’t officially start work for a little more than two weeks but the New Albany native is already setting priorities. He is starting without a budget or job description, both of which will be set, but he plans to also jump into actual promoting as well. Critical to Johnson […]
2nd Saturdays Folk Art on the River in conjunction with Biscuits & Jam Farmers’ Market will be giving an Agri-Tour to Cherry Creek Orchard on August 10. The tour will leave from the market at 12 p.m. Cherry Creek Orchards is hidden away in the northern part of Pontotoc County. The orchard was established by […]
Story of Mississippi pioneer woman to be reviewed at library Tuesday, Aug. 20, Frank Madden will review the book “Trials of the Earth” for the August Luncheon with Books at the Union County Library in New Albany. “Trials of the Earth” is the autobiography of Mary Hamilton edited by Helen Dick Davis. The book is […]
By Charlie Mitchell OXFORD – Most Mississippians loathe the notion of “career politicians.” If, however, you ask any of these folks, “What do you think about Thad Cochran?” the answer will be “Thad? We love Thad. He’s not like the rest of them.” “Vote for Cochran / He’s Not Like The Others” may not be […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on