Public hearings took up the bulk of the New Albany aldermen’s unusually-long two-and-one-half-hour meeting Tuesday, with no resolution in either case. First was discussion of a proposed street name change, drawing objections from residents on the street. Ward Three Alderman Kevin Dale White had expressed interest in renaming Baker Street to become Beasley Street to […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors had their first official visit from new Northeast Mississippi Community College President Ricky Ford Monday and expressed confidence that Ford will be good for the Northeast at New Albany campus. “I don’t want anything,” Ford said to the board members. “I’m the new president – although I’ve been there […]
The board of directors of the Union County Historical Society broke ground Thursday for the $1.6 million expansion of the Union County Heritage Museum, planned for nearly six years. Making the project a reality was achieved after the board accepted the low second-round bid of $1,086,000 by Ganger Property Management of New Albany for the […]
Patches of debris served to denote what had been high-water marks and city equipment was scraping mud from downtown streets that had flooded but evidence of Friday’s torrential rainfall was mostly gone by Monday. The National Weather Service reported that New Albany received 9.95 inches of rain between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. but meteorologists […]
One might argue that Dr. Leo Bautista is genetically disposed to be in the medical profession; at least three of his close family members are doctors. Even if that were true, in talking with the doctor it becomes clear he is in medicine because he genuinely enjoys helping people rather than due to some predestiny. […]
sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt held its ribbon-cutting Monday. The business is situated at 104 S. Railroad Ave., next to AC’s Coffee and just off the Tanglefoot Trailhead Plaza. This is the first sweetFrog yogurt business in the area, although it is a franchise company. Local owners are Chris and Niki Chiles of New Albany. Chiles […]
It only took New Albany police about 10 minutes to make an arrest in an armed robbery Monday morning, but some are still scratching their heads over the unusual nature of the crime. Investigation was still going on later Monday and some details had not been released but a general account of the crime was […]
It was a proud moment for New Albany and Union County last Thursday as 14 local folks turned ceremonial spades full of dirt to kick off expansion of the Union County Heritage Museum. When architectural students at Mississippi State University first put together expansion drawings in 2009, many in the community dismissed it as something […]
Even the frogs were trying to get out of the rain. Really. We were sitting in our living room when our son Joe noticed a small frog clinging to the glass in our front door. “He’s trying to get in,” Joe said. Well, maybe; maybe not. But he was definitely there on the door glass […]
Spring has arrived at our house. Yes, I know the calendar says that summer officially started 10 days ago. But that’s not Jenny’s calendar. My wife decided Saturday it was time to start spring cleaning, something she did for years at her parents’ and grandparents’ houses when she was growing up. There were walls to […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on