The 2013 Dance Like The Stars is August 24, and it promises to be the biggest year yet for Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi! On May 21, the BGCNMS Corporate Board of Directors hosted its Annual Greet The Stars Party during a rooftop reception at Park Heights Restaurant. Dancers were greeted by Board […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors Monday accepted the resignation of long-time medical examiner and investigator Mark Golding. Golding resigned after the State Auditor’s office announced Friday that special agents with that office were investigating Golding for issuing false claims and invoices to Union County to receive payment for death investigations. With the announcement, came […]
The Vietnam War: A Union County Perspective is an exhibit full of stories and objects that touches Union County in many ways. Jerry Hamblin of New Albany served in Vietnam 1966-1967. He is shown on guard duty at a compound in Vietnam. He survived the war, but the loss of life of Union County young […]
Porch Pickers Anonymous Porch Pickers Anonymous (an informal gathering of acoustic guitarists) will meet Saturday June 29th at 1:00 pm at the Community Center, 307 Wilson St., New Albany, Ms. Bring your acoustic instruments and join us for fun and music. For more information contact Bill Gault 662-871-8061 or firstname.lastname@example.org Purvis Family Reunion The Purvis […]
For residential customers outside New Albany’s city limits that have garbage pick-up, prices will be going up by $2 within the coming month. The Union County Board of Supervisors began discussion of raising prices on garbage collection fees at the end of May. Board members cited the continual increase in fuel and equipment costs […]
Itawamba Community College will host an orientation session designed exclusively for prospective adult students from 5-7 p.m., June 20, in the Student Services Building at the Tupelo Campus (2176 South Eason Blvd.). The come-and-go session will enable adult students to become familiar with ICC and register for fall semester classes. Highlights will include meeting with […]
“I need go to potty,” were the whispered words that jarred me awake at three a.m. one morning last week. Othel volunteered to take our little three-year-old Major to the bathroom, but he was standing at my face and wiggling like the quicker one to the pot would be the better choice. I led him […]
Among the 79 campers at the recent 2013 Blue Mountain College Girls Basketball Camp were four from Ingomar: (seated) Carson Grisham and Cara Beth Self; and (standing) Ellen Staggs and Madison Willard.
Union County participants in the 2013 ICC Lady Indians Basketball Camp: (left to right) Leslie Robinson, Julianna Garner, Savannah Shirley.
By Lena Mitchell/NEMS Daily Journal Mississippi’s fastest growing sport doesn’t involve running or tackling or a ball. Whether interest begins with 4-H programs or the movie “The Hunger Games,” students are asking for archery in schools and trying out for the accuracy-driven sport. With the growing popularity comes growing talent, and three Northeast Mississippi schools […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry