On June 4, U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell and National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis designated the Tanglefoot Trail and nine other local and state trails as national recreation trails, adding more than 150 miles to the National Trails System. “By designating these exceptional trails as part of the National Trails System, […]
Union County supervisors voted Monday to replace an old timber bridge on County Road 147 in the Tallahatchie River feeder bottom Monday. In a somewhat rare instance, the low bid came in about $25,000 under the estimate provided by the State Aid Road Department. Accepted as low bidder was N. L. Carson Construction Co. of […]
U.S. Senator Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) Friday reported that 35 Mississippi airport facilities will benefit from more than $10 million in federal Airport Improvement Program grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation. AIP grants awarded to Mississippi in recent weeks will be used to support infrastructure development projects that will improve operational safety and efficiency […]
The Summer Reading Program at the Union County Library began this past Thursday with a visit from Bob Tarter, biologist and director of the Natural History Educational Company of the Midsouth. Tarter, a regular visitor to the summer program here, presented a program on “Animal Aviators.” NHECM is based in Columbia, Tenn. and presents […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation recently announced the establishment of the Gulf Coast Scenic Byway and the William Faulkner Scenic Byway, and the addition of a new segment to the Delta Bluffs Scenic Byway. During the 2015 Regular Session, the Mississippi Legislature passed legislation naming the two new scenic byways. Legislation was also passed adding […]
The Tanglefoot Trail, which will have its two-year anniversary in September, has been designated as part of the National Trails System. The trail was added to the national system last week by Sally Jewell, U. S. secretary of the interior, and Jonathan B. Jarvis, national park service director. It means the trail will be added […]
The new bids for expanding the Union County Heritage Museum appear to be in line with what the museum expected and the Union County Historical Society board is expected to give the go-ahead in a meeting Monday. The base bid of about $1,086,000 by Ganger Property Management reflected changes in the plans by Architect William […]
The board of directors of the Union County Historical Society is scheduled to meet Monday and is expected to accept a bid for the proposed $1.6 million expansion of the heritage museum. The low base bid, by local company Ganger Property Management, was for $1,086,000. Even adding the effects of three alternate items, the price […]
New Albany aldermen hope to get back on track in efforts to rid the city of substandard, unsafe housing as soon as a new code enforcement officer can be hired. The former code enforcement officer, Baron Baker, resigned to work as a sheriff’s deputy, and present building inspector and zoning administrator Mike Armstrong will be […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on