Lou McQuary A few weekends ago Twanda Black enjoyed having her brother and sister-in-law, Frank and Donna Bryant from Fredericksburg, Texas to visit in her home. Also visiting Twanda was her niece Katie Bryant, from San Marcus, Texas. Charlotte Garrison was surprised on her birthday, Sept. 30, with a party at Taylor’s in New Albany. […]
Jessica Clark Hello there Eagle fans! This year has started off with a good beginning. This week is our first nine weeks test. I can’t believe it has already been nine week. Last Monday the elementary had a special guest, Crystal McBray, to speak to the pre-k through 3rd grade. These children observed as she […]
At the time of this writing, today is Tuesday, Sept. 28. September is almost gone. Where has this year gone? Have we just stood still and let it pass? Well I hope not, but it does seem that the years pass swiftly now a days. Even the younger generation are expressing themselves to that degree. […]
Bill Tucker William Major Tucker, 48, of New Albany, died Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Ala. He was born Nov. 26, 1961 in Jackson to Reba Tubbs Tucker and the late Major Edwin Tucker. He was the owner/operator of The Windshield Doctor. Mr. Tucker was the vice mayor and the Ward […]
Blue Spring Mayor David Boland told the Blue Springs Board of Aldermen Tuesday that the PUL Alliance recommended a reconsideration of the amount of land the village wishes to annex. Mayor Boland said, “I went to talk to the PUL Alliance two weeks ago and they told me that we might want to reconsider how […]
The New Albany Board of Aldermen will likely set a special election to fill the vacant Ward 4 alderman post at its specially called meeting on Oct. 19. According to Mississippi state law regarding elections for municipal offices, the board of aldermen are required to set a special election no later than 10 days after […]
Renovations for the Union County Chancery Courtroom will begin soon. William Mills with Mills and Mills Architects, PC of New Albany told the Union County Board of Supervisors that the renovations should begin mid-October. He said, “The courtroom will be enlarged, more witness rooms will be added, the judge’s chambers will have increased space, and […]
While the aldermen have not publicly addressed the issue of an ordinance to govern the minimum standards of residential property, specifically that of rentals, since its July public hearing, Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson has put forward an alternative to both the first and second proposals. Anderson said that he took issue with the original […]
The funeral arrangements have been set for Ward Four Alderman Bill Tucker who died Tuesday morning at the University of Alabama Medical Center. Tucker was serving his third term on the Board of Aldermen. He also was serving as vice mayor at the time of his death. Services for Tucker, 48, will be held at […]
Tallahatchie RiverFest has come and gone, the events all happened as advertised, and despite the rain, attendance was decent. It filled the bill as a community festival. So now is a good time to take a step back, assess the overall festival and whether it is fulfilling its goal of attracting a regional and growing […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry