The Bulldogs remarkable playoff run came to an end Friday night, as the battle of unbeatens went in favor of Lafayette, 35-0, at Kitchens’ Field. New Albany’s defense held strong on the Commodores’ opening possession, forcing a turnover on downs in the red zone, but several uncharacteristic miscues by the ‘Dawgs’ offense helped Lafayette jump […]
New Albany topped a successful week on the hardwood with an impressive 72-47 win at Columbus Thursday night. Picking up a 70-20 win over Kossuth Tuesday night, the Bulldogs took their tenacious defense on the road, opening the game scoring 28 straight points before Kevin Hargrove put Columbus on the board with less than […]
A group of local nurses recently embarked on a 60-mile trek to battle a disease that affects one in eight women – breast cancer. The group goes by the name Surgi-Girls and consists of eight women from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, but the ones who went on the walk were Amanda Moore, RN, Susan Brown, […]
Citizens of Union County joined people around the entire nation last Thursday in honoring veterans of the U.S. armed forces on Veterans Day. One form of that celebration in New Albany occurred in the raising of the Blue Star Memorial marker. Sponsored by the New Albany Garden Club, dedication ceremony was held at the end […]
Contributions continue to come in for 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. So far $915 has been contributed toward the $20,000 goal for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides about 250 families […]
Art students at East Union Attendance Center are finding a way to spend their time creatively in the classroom, while also earning extra credit. Students desks that were from the 1960s era were wasting away underneath a carport this summer and instead of throwing them away East Union Principal Ray Kennedy approached Art instructor Lesa […]
In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, the New Albany Gazette will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25. It will re-open for regular business hours on Friday, Nov. 26. City and county offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26, in observance of Thanksgiving. New Albany’s garbage pick-up schedule will be: Monday and Tuesday’s […]
Those in need of a Thanksgiving meal this holiday can receive one thanks to the sixth annual community Thanksgiving Dinner. Sponsored by the Highway 178 Church of Christ in New Albany, this dinner served over 162 plates last year, including inmates at the Union County Jail. “I think it is very important. We have a […]
Voters who live in New Albany’s Ward 4 will go to the polls Monday to select their next representative on the city’s Board of Aldermen. Residents will have a choice between nine candidates: Tim Broom, Jason Butler, John Ellis, Jane Ford, Terry Medlin, Bill Morgan, Angele Mueller, Will Tucker and Jody Walls. The special election […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry