The final days of summer are on schedule for their exit! I don’t mean to be sad, but Labor Day, the caboose of summer, leaves me with more melancholy than mirth. I’ve stored such wonderful memories of past Labor Days. Our children were still home and all the extended family blocked off Labor Day weekend […]
Bernard and Kay Graham hosted a birthday party for Bernis(Waldrop) Graham's 87th celebration on Saturday afternoon, Aug. 28 at Sand Springs Fellowship Hall. Those presenting special music for the event are as follows: Ray, Kerri, Joseph and Kelsey Haney, and Jeff and Kim Cooper of By Faith Baptist in Pontotoc; Cathy Barton; and Sherry Warren's […]
Last reminder: Sherman Day is this Saturday, Sept. 11. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, the Fire House Poker Run, the Bark in the Park, the BBQ dinner and Dinner Theater. Please join us for some good food, great fun, and wonderful fellowship. The BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater continues to get better and […]
Patrick McKenzie Hello, I am Patrick McKenzie. I am starting my third year at New Haven. I enjoy all the things that we do, but I really like working to recycle the cans. We received many bags of cans over the summer, and we spent a couple of days getting them ready to sell. […]
Max Adam Willard recently celebrated his first birthday on August 7, 2010 at his house with family. His actual birthday is August 9, 2010. He is the son of Brett and Heather Willard of Etta, Miss. Max’s grandparents are Billy & Brenda Willard, Tim Bland, and Larry Hester. His great-grandmothers are Liz Bland, Christine Hester […]
Alice Sprouse celebrated her 95th birthday on September 12, 2010. Her actual birthday is September 12, 1915. Her children are Shelby Gullick, Kathleen Lusk and Jimmy Sprouse, all of New Albany. Alice is a resident of Union County Health and Rehab. She loves everyone.
Olivia Whittington Girls in grades 9-12 who are interested in joining ANCHOR need to pay thier $13 fee by Sept.9th. For more information or to pay your fee, please see Mrs. Amanda Jennings. The crosscountry team's next meet will be the East Union Cross Country Invitational Meet on Saturday Sept. 11. Our softball girls […]
Bobby and Frankie Roberts of New Albany, Miss. annoucne the engagement of their daughter Emily, to Clay Forman, the son of Mike and Sandy Forbis of Memphis, Tenn. and the late Tom Forman of Proctor, Ark. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Roger and Estene Alexander and Wayne and Ann Roberts, all of New Albany. […]
The Lions Club of New Albany is having two fundraisers to help raise money for people with vision impairments. Orders are being taken now for bags of pecan halves. The pecans will be shipped around November 15 and the flavors are roasted, plain, and there will be some assorted bags. The cost is $8 for […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Ian Somer: I always considered our education standards to be ...
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry