Tim and Carol Rutherford of Falling Waters, West Virginia are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Rachel Renea Rutherford of Myrtle, Miss. to Timothy Lee Gibson of Oxford, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Roy and Helen Richardson and the great-granddaughter of Faye Rutherford. The prospective groom is the […]
Barton and Janice Roaton of New Albany, Miss. will celebrate 50 years of marriage on Friday, November 12, 2010 at Music Country in the Alpine community. The location is in old Lakeside Grocery at 112 CR 331. Their actual wedding date was November 12, 1960. Their children are Dwayne Roaton and Deniece, Barry Roaton and […]
Happy Fall Days to all of you. We have had an extremely busy week in our community this past week. Voting time was this past Tuesday. We had a record breaking turnout at our precinct. We celebrated our Fall Festival this past Saturday night with a building full of folks. I’m not sure anyone took […]
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on Oct. 28, 2010, at the home of Lynn Madden. Fourteen members and two guests enjoyed soup, cornbread, and “dirt cake” with gummy worms provided by co hostesses Lynn Madden, Cadis Johnson and Lanta Craig. Members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Lanta Craig, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, […]
Retailers race from goblins and candy corn to Santa and reindeer. If we look hard we’ll find a cardboard pilgrim and a few turkey feathers in the mix. With the rush of holiday celebrations that are packed into the end of the year, there’s even less space for the celebration of Veteran’s Day – the […]
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work. The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags […]
Eli Tate Congratulations to our NAHS Bulldogs for their 45- 9 blowout over the Rosa Fort Lions last Friday and with their win, they now have the most wins in school history. The Bulldogs (12-0), have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and will play away this Friday against the Kosciusko Whippets(8-5). […]
This year’s New Albany Christmas parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 29, 2010 in downtown New Albany. The theme for this year’s parade is “Christmas Memories.” Union County Development Association, the organizer of the event, is encouraging churches, clubs, organizations, schools, individuals, and more to participate. UCDA needs every group that plans […]
Jessica Clark As most of you know, the West Union family lost one of our prized teachers, Ms. Melissa Childers, 46. She passed away the morning of Sunday, October 24, 2010. She was one of my favorite teachers, and was loved by many in the community. We lost s beloved daughter, mother, sister, and […]
Development of programming that serves several needs is the key to having a successful community swimming pool operation, a New Albany community group was told Monday. Brian Manning of Ingomar, a retired naval commander and supporter of developing a community pool in New Albany, said programming in four areas would keep a community pool busy. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry