NEW ALBANY – The Bulldogs have found their coach. Robert Burdette was approved by the New Albany School Board on Monday to assume the position of boys’ basketball coach for the 2015-2016 school year. “I know there was a lot of interest in the position,” Burdette said, “So I’m very honored and very fortunate that […]
This Saturday the New Albany Main Street Association will have the second of three spring events built around a noon musical performance on the Trailhead Plaza across from City Hall. The series, dubbed Live @ Noon, is a latest in a number of marketing events designed to broaden the number of people who venture downtown […]
Union County native Greg Pirkle got close to half the local votes but it wasn’t enough to put him into the June 2 run-off to fill the District 1 congressional seat vacated by the death of Alan Nunnelee. Pontotoc attorney Howard Zinn Jr., the lone proclaimed Democrat in the race and who qualified at the […]
Workers pour concrete for the northern approach to the new Tanglefoot Trail bridge over Main Street Wednesday. The only critical work still to be done was to pour concrete over the bridge surface itself the rest of the way. Other than having landscaping and other finish work done in the bridge area, it should be […]
The Town of Myrtle is well into its annual home property maintenance program that runs from spring through October each year. City officials compile a list of residences where yards are unkempt or junk is piled up and send warning letters to owners asking them to clean the property to avoid fines. About a dozen […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation announced Wednesday that it planned to open two southbound lanes of State Route 15 in Union County from the New Albany city limits to the Tippah County line. The road was expected to be open about 10 a.m. Thursday, May 14. Crews will still have minor work to complete in […]
A joint arrest by the Union County Sheriff’s Department, Drug Enforcement Agency, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and U.S. Marshals’ Service Friday brought in a couple believed by officers to be long-time high-grade methamphetamine dealers. Arrested were Bobby J. Graham, 42, of 1074 CR 43, Etta, and Kimberly Underwood, 37, of the same address. Sheriff Jimmy […]
When in 1861 women of New Albany were busy sewing together pieces of red, white and blue silk, and in careful, elegant script embroidering New Albany Grays on a two-sided, 11-star company flag, did they imagine that it would survive the Civil War and Hurricane Katrina and other events through time and be back […]
New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults will have its annual fish fry Wednesday, May 20, starting about 11:30 a.m. at the center on Garfield Street. A ground-breaking ceremony will be held at noon for the planned addition, which will include a new kitchen, handicapped-accessible restrooms and a large multi-purpose activities room. “It’s just a […]
Last spring Joy Fisher called and asked if I would come speak to a meeting of the New Albany Mothers’ Club. I said I would if I didn’t have a conflict. “When would you like me to come?” I asked, as I opened my appointment calendar. “At 3 p.m. on April 8, 2015,” she said. […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on