Sigma Chapter of Kappa Kappa Iota met in the home of Mary Webb on Monday, April 21, at 5:30 p.m. Jenetta Waddell served as co-hostess. Sixteen members dined on sandwiches, pasta salad and cake. Ninabeth Capaning recognized Earth Day and emphasized how important it is to take care of our earth. Quotes from Henry David […]
Mary Jeannette Wynn served as hostess for Junta Club at El Agave on Tuesday, May 6. Joyce Sumner was recognized as a guest and Jane Wiegartner was welcomed as a new member. Members present were Sally Amos, Ninabeth Capaning, Bethany Dalton, Susan Feather, Retta Hardy, Ethel Holland, Myra Langley, Robin Lindsey, Jackie Littlejohn, Diane McGee, […]
More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
When Betty King of the New Albany Pilot Club approached Sean Johnson, New Albany’s tourism director about working with him on various events, neither knew that a new festival was in the making. The two were talking about RiverFest and other possible events and Johnson asked Betty to look at something on the computer. He […]
Anyone who wants to cast an absentee ballot for the congressional party primaries next Tuesday, June 3, must do so by noon Saturday. Mailed-in ballots can be received as late as 5 p.m. Monday, the day before the elections, but Saturday would likely be too late for mailing one and being certain it will be […]
By Martha Hardy Hopefully the nice rain we got over the weekend will help those who are planting a garden and the farmers’ crops. I am sure that everyone is enjoying these cool days knowing the heat is a-coming soon. The Union County Master Gardeners held the second Annual Plant sale in the lot between […]
Union County’s unemployment rate for April this year was 5.5 percent, second-best in the 16-county region and well below the state average of 7.5 percent. According to published reports, this represents the lowest rate for the region in about six years. During and before that time jobless rates often approached or exceeded 10 percent. Union […]
By Loretta Easley Hello to all, especially to Dovie Jones who was seriously hurt last Sunday evening in a tractor accident. I apologize to Dovie because last week I listed him as Dovie Tidwell. However his mother’s maiden name was Bessie Tidwell. Last I heard the doctors want to move him out of ICU at […]
By Margaret McCraw Graduation time is here and what a lovely group of young people graced the front of our sanctuary last Sunday morning as they were being honored by their church family. Carol Coker, Tray Davis, Alex Duncan, Allie Epting, Dustin Hall, Katie Kidd, Beth Skelley and Ben Washington are our graduates this year. […]
The top five participants from the New Albany Middle School Geography Bee are as follows: (front row l-r): Logann Cossey, Ashley Payne, Madison Cotten; (back row l-r): Hank Johnson and Jared Ligon. Madison Cotten placed first and Jared Ligon placed second. Cotten participated in a qualifying test that allowed her to participate in the […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on