The new water tower under construction near the intersection of State Highway 15 and Bankhead Street will dominate the landscape on the east side of New Albany. The tower presents a unique opportunity for New Albany Light Gas & Water Department in cooperation with the city Board of Aldermen and the New Albany Schools to […]
New Albany faced Senatobia in division tennis on Tuesday and came away with the 7-0 sweep on all courts. Boys singles Mark Robbins defeated Joseph Norris 6-0, 6-1 Girls singles Morris Kelly Clayton defeated Camille Rowan 6-0, 6-0 Boys doubles Trace Thompson/Christopher Shands defeated James Norris/Billy Roberts 6-0, 6-0 Michael Crotts/Parker Nail defeated Cameron Freeman/Jacob […]
East Union 5, West Union 1 New Albany 11, Ingomar 4 East Union 9, Ingomar 0 West Union 6, Myrtle 1 New Albany 4, East Union 3 Ingomar 8, Myrtle 7 East Union 12, Myrtle 5 West Union 9, New Albany 6 New Albany 7, Myrtle 4 West Union 13, Ingomar 0
New Albany hosted Ripley on Thursday in a division tennis match at BNA Bank Park. Boys Singles Mark Robbins def. Daniel McMillin 6-0, 6-0 Girls Singles Morris Kelly Clayton def. Tinara Hayes 6-0, 6-0 Boys Doubles Trace Thompson/Christopher Shands def. Gabe Fox/Mason Morton 6-0, 6-0 Michael Crotts/Parker Nail def. Aquavius Clemmer/Michael Groves 6-0, 6-0 Girls […]
By Dennis Clayton NEW ALBANY – New Albany faced their second Class 6A team on the season and came away with a 4-3 win over Starkville on Tuesday. New Albany’s doubles teams came through in a huge way as they won three of their five matches. Mark Robbins of New Albany won the boys singles […]
By Dennis Clayton ELLISTOWN – East Union was hoping to even their division record with a win against Hatley, but the middle innings spelled trouble for them as Hatley won 10-4 on Thursday. “Mental mistakes, from missed signs to getting the first out at third, to taking bats out of the hands of our […]
One of our favorite springtime events is coming up April 4 and 5 at the Union County Fairgrounds. It’s the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners group with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service. What started on a relatively small scale has grown into a […]
March is many things – spring break, March Madness, the first flowers of spring and glossy magazines. That’s right – glossy magazines. March is glossy magazine time at the Gazette. This year we will produce two of them. It’s something that keeps our small staff busy, along with publishing two newspapers a week. Today in […]
Spring arrives about noon tomorrow, according to the official charts, and none too soon for us. It was a difficult winter across the nation, with wretched weather along with record snows and low temperatures in some areas. Here in Union County, it wasn’t too pleasant, either, but fortunately we avoided the severe ice – and […]
Over the past week, deputies with the Union County Sheriff’s Department have arrested five people on methamphetamine charges. Nathan C. III Swords, 23, 184 Collins Street, Ecru was arrested for possession of methamphetamine with a $25,000 bond. Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said, “The Ecru Police Department went to his house to talk to him […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry