Cecelia Lemus NAHS students were terribly saddened this weekend to learn of the passing of one of our greatest teachers, Ms. Paula Windham. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family, as we will miss her smiling face every day. We will all truly miss a truly wonderful, optimistic, wise, and inspiring teacher. […]
New Albany High School Senior composite pictures that were to be taken on Oct. 27, 2010 has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010. All seniors are asked to wear their senior jerseys or a maroon t-shirt because the senior class photo will be taken that day as well.
The crunch of golden leaves under my feet and the sweater-temp mornings join to carry me to my childhood and the memories of those fall days. The county schools followed a fall break schedule that lasted several weeks – not for vacations or camps but for extra hands to help with harvesting. In those days, […]
The community continues to be a hub of activity with the Wise Farms Corn maze and other entertainment options for the youngsters and for the young at heart on Shady Grove Road. Behind the community center at Hurricane is the Haunted Forest which will continue through this weekend. Bullard’s Grocery has extended their hours for business […]
Cravin’ Catfish will be sponsoring a “Thanksgiving Day Lunch” from 11 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25, at the restaurant. They will be serving a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch for both dine-in and carry out (only for the churches who notify in advance) lunches. Owners Gerald and Becky Hegan are providing the free […]
Stargazers, archaeology enthusiasts, and people that love learning about history and ancient weapons, need to come out to the Ingomar community this Saturday afternoon for the annual Ingomar Mound Day. Festivities will include star gazing with telescopes, object identification, tours of the Ingomar mounds, ancient weapons demonstrations and trail walks to Ingomar Mounds The event […]
The Mu Alpha Theta Club at New Albany High School is sponsoring a “Can The Principal” Canned Food Drive during the week of November 15. The goal is to bring enough canned food items that the principal will be “kicked out” of his office on Friday November 19. Freshmen should bring canned goods on […]
The Union County Circuit Clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon this Saturday for absentee voting for the Nov. 2 election.
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry