Toyota Mississippi donates seven trial vehicles to local organizations BLUE SPRINGS, Miss. (July 8, 2014) – Four local organizations benefitted from the donation of vehicles from Toyota Mississippi today. The cars, valued at nearly $103,000 are one way Toyota Mississippi supports organizations in the community. Three Career and Technology Centers that serve Lee, Pontotoc and […]
The question of allowing the sale or consumption of beer and light wine (wine coolers) at special events on city property is expected to be on the August meeting agenda of the New Albany Board of Aldermen. Examples of such events cited by city officials include arts receptions or exhibit openings at the Union County […]
The Black Prairie Mudcats got the maximum from only seven hits as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 18-3 on Tuesday night at BNA Bank Park. The Mudcats picked up two runs in the top of the first as leadoff batter Karah Stephenson walked and later scored on Abby Pitts’ RBI double. Pitts would score […]
WEST UNION – John Austin Taylor of West Union was recently chosen to play baseball in the Mississippi Showcase sponsored by BSN Sports at Tupelo Christian Preparatory School’s baseball field on July 24. There were 30 players chosen from across the state to participate. Taylor had a .415 batting average on the 2014 season for […]
INGOMAR – A Monday evening double-header between two county schools ended in a win for both the Ingomar Lady Falcons and the East Union Lady Urchins. East Union took the opening game 9-4, with Ingomar’s defense plagued by errors that saw all but two runs scored by the Lady Urchins during the game arrive unearned. […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons had a split decision in fast pitch softball on Tuesday as South Pontotoc won game one 5-4 and the Lady Falcons took the nightcap 3-1. Ingomar fell behind 1-0 after South Pontotoc scored the first run of game two in the top of the fourth. Ingomar had gone in order […]
You would have had to be there. Just hearing the story retold doesn’t do it justice. But we’ll try. The New Albany Board of Aldermen spent part of its meeting last week discussing chickens and roosters in residential areas of the city. The topic came up because Ward One Alderman Jeff Olson asked that an […]
Nearly 25 years ago I was given some advice, sort of a warning really, about becoming too dependent on information stored in a computer. The computer technician at the South Carolina newspaper that I was editing at the time suggested keeping a paper copy of anything that was really important in any file on the […]
The City of New Albany may be closer to the construction of a trailhead arch and plaza for Tanglefoot Trail between the Van-Atkins and Trails and Treads businesses. Mayor Tim Kent brought up the issue at the regular monthly board meeting July 1. Funding is one of the main problems and Kent said that Ward […]
The 2014 Union County Fair officially starts next Monday, July 14, and runs though Saturday, July 19, but a couple of events will be held as early as Saturday. A few additions are being made to the schedule and more details about new events are coming out. It was announced this week that the popular […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on