Terri Azlin and Dustin Kenneth Pounders of Pinedale, Miss., welcomed son Nathan Lee Pounders into the world on September 10, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and measured 19 1/2 inches long. He was greeted by his brother Jackson Wayne Pounders, 6 years old and his sister Sidney Elizabeth […]
Thomas and Shelby Bagwell of the Beulah community were married on November 23, 1960 at Temple Baptist Church by Reverend Robert Walker. A 50th wedding anniversary reception will be held on Saturday, November 20, 2010 from 2-4 p.m. at Beulah Baptist Fellowship Hall, County Road 72 in Myrtle, Miss. The celebration will be hosted by […]
Tim and Carol Rutherford of Falling Waters, West Virginia are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Rachel Renea Rutherford of Myrtle, Miss. to Timothy Lee Gibson of Oxford, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Roy and Helen Richardson and the great-granddaughter of Faye Rutherford. The prospective groom is the […]
Barton and Janice Roaton of New Albany, Miss. will celebrate 50 years of marriage on Friday, November 12, 2010 at Music Country in the Alpine community. The location is in old Lakeside Grocery at 112 CR 331. Their actual wedding date was November 12, 1960. Their children are Dwayne Roaton and Deniece, Barry Roaton and […]
Happy Fall Days to all of you. We have had an extremely busy week in our community this past week. Voting time was this past Tuesday. We had a record breaking turnout at our precinct. We celebrated our Fall Festival this past Saturday night with a building full of folks. I’m not sure anyone took […]
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on Oct. 28, 2010, at the home of Lynn Madden. Fourteen members and two guests enjoyed soup, cornbread, and “dirt cake” with gummy worms provided by co hostesses Lynn Madden, Cadis Johnson and Lanta Craig. Members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Lanta Craig, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, […]
Retailers race from goblins and candy corn to Santa and reindeer. If we look hard we’ll find a cardboard pilgrim and a few turkey feathers in the mix. With the rush of holiday celebrations that are packed into the end of the year, there’s even less space for the celebration of Veteran’s Day – the […]
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work. The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags […]
Eli Tate Congratulations to our NAHS Bulldogs for their 45- 9 blowout over the Rosa Fort Lions last Friday and with their win, they now have the most wins in school history. The Bulldogs (12-0), have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and will play away this Friday against the Kosciusko Whippets(8-5). […]
This year’s New Albany Christmas parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 29, 2010 in downtown New Albany. The theme for this year’s parade is “Christmas Memories.” Union County Development Association, the organizer of the event, is encouraging churches, clubs, organizations, schools, individuals, and more to participate. UCDA needs every group that plans […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on