Union County Democrats to meet There will be a meeting sponsored by the Union County Democratic Party at the Union County Library on Thursday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss future plans. All Democrats are urged to be there and be a part of important planning for future projects. Anyone who has questions […]
The Town of Blue Springs held their first meeting with newly elected officers July 2. Mayor Rita Gentry welcomed everyone, saying she believes the town has a great board and it will be good for Blue Springs. Present were Aldermen Shirley Allen, Lynda Bramlett, Leanna Hollis, Malcom Leath, Leia Shelton, town clerk Jan Musgrove and […]
Regina Butler , Pontotoc Progress Staff Writer Ecru has just sworn in five new aldermen and already one has resigned. The Progress confirmed with Mayor Mark Baldwin late Friday afternoon that alderman Jimmy Whitehead tendered his resignation and turned it into city hall. Citing that he would be moving to Oxford because of his wife’s […]
Winners of the Junior Miss Union County Fair pageant, held Saturday evening, are, from right to left, Third Alternate Eden Rain Conlee, 9, daughter of Greg and Penny Conlee and a student at West Union; Second Alternate Macy Lane Moorehead, 10, daughter of Rodney and Summer Coltharp and Josh Moorehead and a student at New […]
Winners of the Pre-Teen Miss Union County Fair Pageant held Saturday are, from left, Third Alternate Meredith Carol Prescott, 12, daughter of Bill and Frankie Prescott and a student at New Albany Middle School; Second Alternate Molly Beth White, 12, daughter of Chad White and Ashley McNutt and a student at New Albany Middle School; […]
Winners of the Teen Miss Union County Fair pageant held Saturday are, from left, Third Alternate Kiona Chontel Finley15, daughter of Cora and Drake Finley and a student at New Albany High School; Second Alternate Maggie Erin Wall, 16, daughter of Randy and Christy Wall and a student at Ingomar; First Alternate Haleigh Snyder, 15, […]
Winners of the Miss Union County Fair pageant held Saturday are, from left, Third Alternate Victoria Land Alshargatli, 18 daughter of Sue and Mar Alshargatli of Saltillo; Second Alternate Patience Tara Campbell, 19, daughter of Anthony and Amanda Parker of Blue Springs; First Alternate Carol Coker, 17, daughter of Larry and Paula Coker of East […]
Lifelong resident of Union County, Pamela Browning Boman has announced her candidacy for the office of Coroner/Medical Examiner in the Nov. 5 special election. Boman, 46, is the daughter of Graden and Martha Browning of Lonestar Community and has one son Chandler. She is a member of Shady Grove Baptist Church, a 1984 graduate of […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors formally voted to increase the cost of solid waste collection in the county outside the city limits during their meeting Monday. The basic increase will be from $8.00 to $10.00 per month for residential customers, a raise of 25 percent. The rate has not been increased since it was […]
Country entertainer Easton Corbin performed before an enthusiastic crowd at the Union County Fair Tuesday, his last stop before going on tour with Blake Shelton. Bluegrass group Breaking Grass opened for Corbin and although the concert was listed as a highlight of the fair, several large events remain. The Little Mr. and Miss Union County […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on