The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin. The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs. The first three innings had […]
The Union County Fair and Livestock Show, which bills itself as “the best little county fair in Mississippi,” is under way at the fairgrounds in West New Albany. The traditional fair events are in full swing with a variety of activities as well as a full carnival. Today is Seniors Day and Youth Night with […]
Who would have ever thought I would have spent Sunday afternoon watching two teams I know nothing about play football, or what passes for football in the rest of the world? Not me, I can assure you of that. Growing up in the ‘50s in Missouri, I thought I knew quite a bit about sports. […]
Four people are in custody in connection with a home invasion in the western part of the county this weekend that left a local man in critical condition due to multiple stab wounds. Charged with aggravated assault and burglary are Joshua Craig Murry, 29, of 9858 Hwy. 341, Pontotoc; Greg Keith Canerdy, 28, of 1013 […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital officials are welcoming the public to view the community’s new $12 million emergency medical department this Friday. A formal ribbon-cutting will be held at 10 a.m. July 18. Some of those involved in the project will make brief comments, the ribbon will be cut and tours and refreshments will then be provided. […]
The Union County Fair got off to a wet start when a cold front accompanied by gusty winds and rain moved through the area Monday evening, but that same front was expected to bring unusually cool weather to make life better for fair-goers the rest of the week. The fair began unofficially with border collie […]
The Union County Supervisors are continuing to try to find an acceptable way to deal with residents of the community suffering from mental illness. As was reported the past two weeks, the county had an agreement with Region IV Mental Health Services that afforded appropriate and expedient care for Union Countians who had been committed […]
Mississippi Main Street Association announced this past week that New Albany and 38 other cities have been designated as accredited National Main Street Programs for meeting the commercial district revitalization performance standards set by the National Main Street Center®. “We congratulate this year’s nationally accredited Main Street programs for their outstanding accomplishment in meeting the […]
Representatives of Tea Party candidate Chris McDaniel were in New Albany Monday to examine voting records from the June 24 Republican run-off to determine a party nominee for the U. S. Senate race. They reportedly found little of note. The visit was part of a plan to check records in all 82 counties and contest […]
Metal artists Don and Louise Coulson of Aberdeen presented a program for the Tallahatchie Arts Council Tuesday but instead of showing how to make jewelry, they showed how to make money. While TAC programs usually focus on the artistic aspect of guest speakers, the Coulson provided information on marketing and business management […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on