Union County supervisors got a little good news Tuesday during an update from E-911 Coordinator Mildred Churchill. She was telling them that the installation of a long-needed update to the emergency telephone system was proceeding and that a site review was scheduled for Thursday for the power supply for a third dispatch position. Apparently due […]
The Town of Myrtle will present “Movies and Moonbeams,” a free community movie night Friday, June 5. The movie will begin about dark, probably around 7:30 p.m. in C. J. Myers Park. A specific movie had not been selected earlier this week but town clerk Marie White said it will definitely be family-friendly, a G […]
The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its sixth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend. The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 […]
The Business2Business luncheon this past week provided a variety of news about the health of industry in this area as well as an array of education and job training improvement opportunities. The quarterly program is held by the Union County Development Association and sponsored by a grant from Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi. What some may […]
New Albany school trustees gave final approval Friday to a program that will make New Albany High School an “all iPad” school this fall. In a brief called meeting before graduation ceremonies, board members voted unanimously to accept the sole bid from Apple for the hardware and third-party software. The final actual cost will depend […]
This Saturday at noon is the deadline for in-person absentee voting in the congressional race run-off to be held next Tuesday. Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes. A special election was held May 12 to fill the unexpired […]
The 2015 Union County Fair and Livestock Show is about six weeks away and the fair board is working to pin down details for this year’s events. The fair will be July 13-18, although one event, the pony pulling, will be the previous Saturday, July 11. Mitchell Brothers Amusements will again provide the midway and […]
The annual Senior Citizens’ Day at the fairgrounds was held Thursday, sponsored by the Union County Sheriff’s Department, aided by a grant for the day. The event included entertainment, door prizes and a free fish fry with cooking and serving done by law enforcement and other county officials. Organizers said this was perhaps the largest […]
Former students and staff at B. F. Ford School held their annual reunion this past Saturday. Activities were to include a morning program and parade and a banquet and dance that evening.
New Albany High School Principal Lance Evans has been selected Mississippi Principal of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Secondary School Principals. “I will represent MASSP for the 2015-15 school year,” he said, and now is in the running for the title of national secondary principal of the year. The winner is selected on […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on