By Susan Hooker, 419-5842 Homegrown tomatoes are a time-honored ritual of the summer growing season in the South. Community residents have as many variations as there are households in the neighborhood on how to successfully grow the fruit that is used as a vegetable, but it is botanically a berry. Go figure! Sophie Hooker reaped […]
By Gretchin Moody, 489-5488 The grandchildren of the late W.B. and Leathie Johnson enjoyed a get-together last Friday night at the Ecru Fish and Steak. Attending were David and Carol Johnson of Tupelo, July Frost and Frank and Janice Trentham of Bartlett, Tenn. These are the children of the late Franklin and Twilla Johnston. Also […]
By Martha Hardy Greetings to all from our corner of the world. Here is hoping that those of you who are fortunate enough to still have your father with you, enjoyed spending time together on Father’s Day. I missed Sue and Bill Rowland at church yesterday. They usually sit on the row just in front […]
Deck Your Yard had a ribbon-cutting Friday to mark the new ownership of Brady Daniel and family. Daniel also has operated 3D Pine Straw for the past three years. Although separate companies, both will be run from the 816 ½ W. Bankhead St. address. Deck Your Yard was formerly owned by Sarah Brock Farr and […]
It’s amazing how quickly five years have blown by in my life. In June of 2008, I accepted this job; not knowing really how much work it would take to be successful. Over this time, I’ve given my all to make the sports section of the Gazette respectable. I’ll let you be the judge on […]
A select group from Hickory Flat had a once in a lifetime opporunity that included working on basketball fundamentals and visiting two universities in Indiana. Head coach Michael Seger took 13 players from his junior high and varsity teams to the Indiana Basketball Academy (IBA) camp earlier this month, where they learned skills from several […]
The Union County Master Gardeners program has grown and gained respect over the past few years for their annual home and garden show and recently they added another honor: three of their members took the top awards at the Mississippi Master Gardener Conference in Brookhaven. Tim Burress was named 2012 Master Gardener, Stanley Wise was […]
New Albany Volleyball Coach Shay Ashford announces the New Albany Volleyball Camp will be held June 25-27 at New Albany Middle School from 9 a.m. – 12 noon. Registration is $55.00 and all girls will receive a free volleyball. Camp is for girls ages 4-13. Contact Coach Ashford at: email@example.com or call 662-687-2592 to register […]
The 2013 College World Series has been exciting and also a bit surprising so far as we have seen the three top teams of Oregon State, LSU, and North Carolina fall into the loser’s bracket after game one. At this writing, LSU and North Carolina are due to face each other in an elimination game, […]
I was raised with the notion that it isn’t good manners to toot one’s own horn or be prideful. On the other hand, how does one resolve the conflict between that and the admonition not to hide one’s light under a bushel? Perhaps the ideal is somewhere in between. What’s the point of this? Just […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry