Voters who live in New Albany’s Ward 4 will go to the polls Monday to select their next representative on the city’s Board of Aldermen. Residents will have a choice between nine candidates: Tim Broom, Jason Butler, John Ellis, Jane Ford, Terry Medlin, Bill Morgan, Angele Mueller, Will Tucker and Jody Walls. The special election […]
As temperatures begin to drop, the need for food increases. At the Union County Good Samaritan Center, a plethora of families are helped with food to help get them by during times of financial strife and hardship. The Union County Baptist Association Food Pantry is housed at the center, which is where a lot of […]
Shawn Smith (left) and Boston Newsome (right) were named the “Players of the Week” for New Albany's second round playoff win against Kosciusko. The duo each recorded 15 tackles against the Whippets. Pictured with Smith and Newsome is NAHS head coach Ron Price. The “Player of the Week” is sponsored by Bancorp South.
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s men and women’s basketball teams were defeated on the road Monday night by Jones County Junior College in Ellisville. In game one, the Lady Bobcats (2-2) picked up the win over the Lady Tigers (2-3) 103-67. Jones County led 65-32 at intermission but were only able to add 38 points in […]
Itawamba Community College women and men’s soccer coach Mike Sullivan announced sophomore defenders Katelynn Davis (Cordova, TN) and Logan Ayers (Tupelo Christian) were selected as National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Region 23 team. “It was a surprise and an honor to be considered one of the top players in the Region,” said Davis. “We […]
I’m a believer in the voodoo stick. I wrote earlier this season about the cute superstition New Albany football picked up this year, where they place something on the stick symbolizing each team they defeated, and after a couple isolated incidents, I think there’s something to it. A lot of sports fans fall into this […]
For New Albany, Friday night is something dreams are made of. Not since 1982 have the Bulldogs played for a state championship. No team in school history has won more games than this year’s squad, and on top of this, they will host the defending 4A north half champion in a pivotal third round matchup […]
Wesley Jumper is getting the hang of playing at a new school. The senior guard made the move cross-county from West Union to Ingomar and is enjoying the ride with the defending 1A state champions. “It was a little different when I first moved over here, but I’ve gotten used to it and I like […]
The Hawks picked up their second straight win of the season behind the hot shooting of Steven Taylor and Keon Hampton, defeating Wheeler 75-48 Monday night. Cruz Weatherall helped Myrtle with two three-pointers in the first quarter, but the Eagles held close, keeping it a tied game, 15-15. Hampton stepped up with eight second quarter […]
Last week, I finally gave in. I didn’t like it much, and I’m still a little grumpy. But I did it. I’ve finally acknowledged that I’m getting old. I signed up for Medicare. I pretty much had to because my 65th birthday is coming up next month (this is the point where you’re supposed to […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on