The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its sixth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend. The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 […]
The Business2Business luncheon this past week provided a variety of news about the health of industry in this area as well as an array of education and job training improvement opportunities. The quarterly program is held by the Union County Development Association and sponsored by a grant from Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi. What some may […]
New Albany school trustees gave final approval Friday to a program that will make New Albany High School an “all iPad” school this fall. In a brief called meeting before graduation ceremonies, board members voted unanimously to accept the sole bid from Apple for the hardware and third-party software. The final actual cost will depend […]
This Saturday at noon is the deadline for in-person absentee voting in the congressional race run-off to be held next Tuesday. Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes. A special election was held May 12 to fill the unexpired […]
The 2015 Union County Fair and Livestock Show is about six weeks away and the fair board is working to pin down details for this year’s events. The fair will be July 13-18, although one event, the pony pulling, will be the previous Saturday, July 11. Mitchell Brothers Amusements will again provide the midway and […]
The annual Senior Citizens’ Day at the fairgrounds was held Thursday, sponsored by the Union County Sheriff’s Department, aided by a grant for the day. The event included entertainment, door prizes and a free fish fry with cooking and serving done by law enforcement and other county officials. Organizers said this was perhaps the largest […]
Former students and staff at B. F. Ford School held their annual reunion this past Saturday. Activities were to include a morning program and parade and a banquet and dance that evening.
New Albany High School Principal Lance Evans has been selected Mississippi Principal of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Secondary School Principals. “I will represent MASSP for the 2015-15 school year,” he said, and now is in the running for the title of national secondary principal of the year. The winner is selected on […]
One of the most emotional events of the year will be taking place June 5 at BNA Bank Park. That is the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. The 17th annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. Friday. The opening ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. This event […]
Ramona Bridges is a nurse. But she is also, as she sometimes forgets to mention, a writer. An award-winning writer, in fact. That possibly curious omission should not come as a surprise considering that Bridges defies several conventions associated with writers. The Seminary, Miss. nurse and author was in New Albany Tuesday to talk about […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry