When all was said and done last Thursday afternoon, the New Albany/Union County Drug Task Force had netted 13 arrests in its round-up. According to New Albany Police Department Narcotics Officer Chris Glasson, the round-up was the result of a six-month to a year-long investigation involving cooperation between his department, the Union County Sheriff’s Department, […]
New Albany native and resident William Major ”Will” Tucker, Jr., 25, has announced his candidacy for the Alderman Ward 4 post in New Albany. The son of Kelly Banks Tucker and the late William Major “Bill” Tucker, Tucker graduated from New Albany High School in 2003 and the University of Mississippi with a degree in […]
Union County native and resident Gary Gray, 52, is seeking re-election to the Union County School Board, District 2 post. Gray, a graduate of West Union Attendance Center and bachelor of science degree from Mississippi State University, has been employed with the United States Postal Service for 30 years. He also has served as the […]
As cold weather encroaches around the corner, the flu season isn’t too far behind. When flu season comes, people begin sneezing, coughing, and have an overall icky feeling. Crystal McBrayer, Community and Occupational Health Coordinator for Baptist Hospital, came to the New Albany Kiwanis Club last Tuesday to talk about the flu, discuss flu symptoms, […]
Students and parents at East Union Attendance Center have decided to tackle the problem of dyslexia, try to understand the language-based problem, and have the goal of recognizing and combatting dyslexia in students. One of the ways that the school is dealing with dyslexia is by having educational workshops about dyslexia and forum discussions on […]
Northeast baseball will hold an inner-team scrimmage at the New Albany Sportsplex on Monday, October 25, 2010. The scrimmage will take place at 6 p.m. For more information on NEMCC athletics, go to their website: http://www2.nemcc.edu/Athletics/index_new.html
I know all the talk lately has been surrounded around football, and that’s for good reason. Friday night, New Albany will travel to Shannon with a shot of winning their first division title since 1982. Think about that. 1982 was well before any member of this team was born, and heck, it was even before […]
The selection of Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany schools superintendent, as the 2011 Mississippi Superintendent of the Year comes as no surprise to us. His track record since joining the district nearly 10 years ago has been one of positive change and improvement for our schools. The announcement was made Thursday by Anna P. Hurt, […]
Dear Editor: Mark J. Smith, the interim director of the American Red Cross for the sate of Mississippi in Jackson, stated in a letter to the editor on Oct. 15: “We were disappointed by your misleading editorial of Sept. 22, which does a disservice to your readers that the American Red Cross has ceased operations […]
New Albany Middle School earned a spot in the Traceway Conference Championship game, which will be played next Tuesday, Oct. 26, at Kitchens' Field in New Albany. The Bulldogs will take on Amory in the 6 p.m. contest. A complete recap of the game and middle school season will be in next week's New Albany […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry