The candidates in the upcoming election to the Ward 4 alderman seat on the New Albany Board of Alderman have been invited to a community meeting at 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 11, at the Magnolia Room in the Magnolia Civic Center. The event is being sponsored by New Albany resident Daniel Frain. Candidates will have […]
The United Way of Northeast Mississippi has reached 67 percent of its $2,150,000 goal across the seven counties in which it operates. But here in Union County we still have inadequate participation from businesses and industries, the backbone of the payroll-deduction giving program that the United Way depends on for the bulk of its donations. […]
Christmas shoppers looking for a day to get a lot of holiday shopping done, need to come to New Albany Main Street Association’s Holiday Open House. This event, which has been going on for at least eight years, has been attracting visitors from neighboring towns and areas to check out New Albany’s shopping destinations. Holiday […]
In honor of the Veteran’s Day holiday, city and county offices will also be closed Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010. Changes to the city of New Albany’s garbage pick-up schedule will be: Thursday’s garbage route will be picked up on Friday, Nov. 12, along with Friday’s regular routes. In the county, garbage routes will run at […]
Donations are beginning to come in for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. The first $400 toward the goal of $20,000 has been received for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides […]
New Albany native and resident John Ellis has announced his candidacy for the Ward 4 seat on the New Albany Board of Alderman. Ellis is a graduate of New Albany High School and the University of Mississippi, where he received a bachelor of business administration degree. He has experience in the banking and finance industry, […]
Jason Butler, 34, announces his candidacy for the office of Ward 4 Alderman in the Nov. 22 special election. Butler is a 1994 graduate of W.P. Daniel High School and a 2001 graduate of the University of North Alabama with a bachelors degree in public communications. Butler is a fifth generation resident of New […]
The flowing of the American flag on Nov. 11, also known as Veterans Day, is reminiscent of the freedom of the American people, the ones who fought and served, the ones who are still serving, and the families that shed tears of happiness and sadness of having loved ones serve or have served in the […]
Local residents turned out in large numbers last week in the hopes of being considered for future employment with Diversity-Vuteq. According to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, approximately 1,200 people applied for just over 150 production jobs mid-level management positions that the Tier-1 supplier will be looking to fill in the coming year. The […]
New Albany was making noise even before their season opening match-up against Ingomar Monday night. As announced last Wednesday by the Clarion Ledger, the Lady Bulldogs are the preseason number one team in the state in the paper's poll, which combines all classes. New Albany spent a majority of last season in that same spot, […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry