The board of directors of the Union County Historical Society broke ground Thursday for the $1.6 million expansion of the Union County Heritage Museum, planned for nearly six years. Making the project a reality was achieved after the board accepted the low second-round bid of $1,086,000 by Ganger Property Management of New Albany for the […]
Patches of debris served to denote what had been high-water marks and city equipment was scraping mud from downtown streets that had flooded but evidence of Friday’s torrential rainfall was mostly gone by Monday. The National Weather Service reported that New Albany received 9.95 inches of rain between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. but meteorologists […]
One might argue that Dr. Leo Bautista is genetically disposed to be in the medical profession; at least three of his close family members are doctors. Even if that were true, in talking with the doctor it becomes clear he is in medicine because he genuinely enjoys helping people rather than due to some predestiny. […]
sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt held its ribbon-cutting Monday. The business is situated at 104 S. Railroad Ave., next to AC’s Coffee and just off the Tanglefoot Trailhead Plaza. This is the first sweetFrog yogurt business in the area, although it is a franchise company. Local owners are Chris and Niki Chiles of New Albany. Chiles […]
It only took New Albany police about 10 minutes to make an arrest in an armed robbery Monday morning, but some are still scratching their heads over the unusual nature of the crime. Investigation was still going on later Monday and some details had not been released but a general account of the crime was […]
It was a proud moment for New Albany and Union County last Thursday as 14 local folks turned ceremonial spades full of dirt to kick off expansion of the Union County Heritage Museum. When architectural students at Mississippi State University first put together expansion drawings in 2009, many in the community dismissed it as something […]
Even the frogs were trying to get out of the rain. Really. We were sitting in our living room when our son Joe noticed a small frog clinging to the glass in our front door. “He’s trying to get in,” Joe said. Well, maybe; maybe not. But he was definitely there on the door glass […]
Spring has arrived at our house. Yes, I know the calendar says that summer officially started 10 days ago. But that’s not Jenny’s calendar. My wife decided Saturday it was time to start spring cleaning, something she did for years at her parents’ and grandparents’ houses when she was growing up. There were walls to […]
We hope you will pause for a moment Saturday and join us in observing the birth of our country. It is the official date that we commemorate the adoption in 1776 of the Declaration of Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. It’s a time to give thanks for a strong federal government, one that […]
New Albany school trustees approved a budget with no tax increase next year, signed an agreement to greatly reduce basic printing and copying costs and nearly completed personnel changes for the fall semester at a called meeting at noon Monday. The meeting took the place of the usual July meeting due to the holiday schedule. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry