Last week was a wonderful week weather wise. This has been a beautiful fall so far. So far the weather predictions are for much colder weather this week. Guess that will help these old bones ache more. I have certainly enjoyed all the beautiful colors. Anne Glidewell, Robert and Robbie Frazier were welcome visitors here […]
The beautiful, fall foliage from the flat woods to the hill country at the western edge of the community is a sure sign that winter is on the way. It was an exciting month for the community during the past few weeks as visitors to the corn maze at Shady Grove and to the haunted forest at […]
Chandler Nail Congratulations again to our still undefeated football team for yet another victory against Tishomingo County in division play. This win ended regular season play for the team and made our record a perfect 11-0. This Friday night we host Rosa Fort for the first round of playoffs. Head on down to “The […]
A Walk a Thon for Jesus is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, and those interested can register Saturday at Sherman Grove at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Vicki Armstrong at 507-5552 or Audrey McGee at 538-0890. The Annual Birthday Tea Singing will be held Nov. 13 at Sherman Grove Baptist Church at 6 p.m. […]
Kayla and Andrew Tullos of Maumelle, Ark. welcomed son Jacob Ambrose Tullos into the world on October 28, 2010 at 12:29 p.m. at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and measured 19 ½ long. His grandparents are Karen and Donald Mayo of New Albany, Miss. and Mary and Ted […]
Mr. and Mrs. Johnny and Wanda Owen of New Albany, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Vanessa Suzanne Owen of New Albany to Freddie Wayne “Chip” Turner, Jr. of Tupelo. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. Mason Hill and Mrs. Mary Etta Hill and the […]
At the beginning of October, Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany School Superintendent had an opportunity to discuss this theme and many others at the Pre-Kindergarten Institute at Harvard University. Garrett was invited by the Mississippi Department of Education to attend a conference called “PreK-3rd: The Foundation for Educational Success Institute.” “The Institute had a Pre-K […]
The Union County chapter of the American Red Cross closed its doors earlier this summer, due to restructuring efforts with the American Red Cross. Even though the Union County Red Cross is not a chapter, it is a location and calls and help are currently being routed to the Tupelo office of the American Red […]
Union County’s second district will have a new representative on the Union County School District board of trustees come next year, after Mickey Basil defeated incumbent Gary Gray in Tuesday’s election. Basil received approximately 51 percent of the votes in the second district with 443 votes, compared to nearly 49 percent for Gray with 407 […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on