The Union County Circuit Clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon this Saturday for absentee voting for the Nov. 2 election.
New Albany resident Terry Medlin has announced that he will run for the New Albany Board of Aldermen’s Ward 4 post. Medlin, 59, is a 1974 graduate of Mississippi State University, where he received a bachelor of science degree in business management. He has worked in the furniture industry for the past 36 years and […]
Tim Broom, a resident of New Albany, announced this week his plans to run for the Ward 4 alderman seat in New Albany. Broom, 51, a lifelong resident of the city, has previously been employed with Capitol Loans of New Albany, Aerus Electrolux and Whitehead Appliance. He is the husband of Mellisa Broom and they […]
New Albany resident Jane R. Ford has announced her candidacy for the Ward 4 seat on the New Albany Board of Alderman. Ford is a graduate of the University of Mississippi, with a bachelor of science degree in education and is a former teacher. She is also a member of the Main Street Design Committee, […]
In the near future, Union County land records will be digitally archived and preserved. According to Union County Chancery Clerk Annette Hickey, the move will ensure the long-lasting quality of the documents and to prevent any more damage by tearing or smearing of the ink when people peruse through the paper books in the […]
Mississippi State University fans may have heard a familiar last name during the halftime ceremony this past Saturday at the school’s yearly homecoming football game. Anne Elise Parks, 21, of New Albany, was crowned the university’s 2010 homecoming queen during the Bulldogs’ defeat of University of Alabama-Birmingham Saturday – four years after her older […]
You would think I would learn from my mistakes. If you thought that, you would be wrong. There I was preparing to play 18 holes of golf in the bright sunshine with our son, Joe, and I had no cap for my bald head. That’s the same head that had just finished peeling after I […]
Dear Editor: October is pastor appreciation month and the staff and residents at Graceland Care Center of New Albany want to take time to express their thanks to all the area churches, pastors and volunteers for their devotion to our residents. Thanks to First Baptist Church, Palestine, House of Freedom, Zion Chapel, Oakview Baptist, First […]
One of the area’s most popular children’s events is set for 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Thursday in downtown New Albany. It’s New Albany Main Street’s annual Trick or Treat Downtown, which attracts about 3,000 people downtown for a night of games, contests and other children’s activities. Vicki Duke, Main Street association manager, said the […]
Led once again by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, Blue Mountain College raced to a second- and third-place finishes in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championships here Saturday. Rowland finished second to Allison Martin of Union University in the 31-runner women’s championship, while Epting trailed only Alex Brett and Edwin Kurgat of Union in the 35-runner […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry