Paint the Town The New Albany Main Street Association will sponsor the 10th annual “Paint the Town” on Sept. 21 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. during the upcoming Tallahatchie RiverFest. For more information contact Vickie Duke, New Albany Main Street Manager at 534-3438. Main Street Youth Committee meeting Anyone in grades nine through 12 […]
Beginning Oct. 1, implementation will begin on an approximate $1.9 million 21st Century Community Learning Center grant that is being distributed among the New Albany School District, the Boys and Girls Club of New Albany, and Shannon High School. This is a five-year New Albany-Shannon Consortium between all five entities. Melanie Shannon, project director for […]
New Albany Main Street Association is pleased to offer the 10th annual “Paint the Town,” a free art activity during the upcoming Tallahatchie RiverFest. All children are invited to participate on Saturday, Sept. 21, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Parents must accompany their children. Historical photos of downtown New Albany will be displayed and […]
New Albany Main Street has been designated as an accredited National Main Street Program for meeting the commercial district revitalization performance standards set by the National Main Street Center®, a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Each year, the National Main Street Center and its partners announce the list of accredited Main Street® […]
By Sandra Priest After meeting last Thursday evening to discuss a preliminary budget for the upcoming fiscal year, Ecru Mayor Mark Baldwin and Board of Aldermen held a public hearing last Tuesday night giving citizens an opportunity to voice opinions on financial plans of the town for 2013-14. Mayor Baldwin first of all opened the […]
Former New Albany resident Stephanie Saul will be one of seven highly distinguished alumni who will receive the Ole Miss Alumni Association’s highest annual honors as part of Homecoming 2013. Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are: Haley Barbour (JD 73) of Yazoo City; David W. Houston III (BBA 66, JD 69) of Aberdeen; […]
The New Albany Main Street Association invites young people to become a part of the New Albany Main Street Youth Committee. The committee offers an experience geared to one’s own expectations, something worthwhile, support from the community, ownership in the community and an active role in the future. Volunteer at Main Street promotional events such […]
All governmental offices and many businesses will close Monday, Sept. 2, in observance of Labor Day. The holiday will affect solid-waste collection in New Albany but not in Union County outside the city limits. In New Albany, there will be no pickup Monday. The Monday route will be picked up Tuesday and the Tuesday route […]
By J. Lynn West Union County supervisors are reminding residents of the importance of having one’s E-911 address posted properly. “It needs to be visible from the road, from both directions,” board vice-president and Fifth District Supervisor Benny Rakestraw said Monday. The topic came up during the regular board meeting, supervisors said, because they are […]
By J. Lynn West New Albany aldermen discussed various parts of the proposed 2013-14 budget during a work session Aug. 20 and had another planned for Tuesday this week as the Sept. 15 deadline to have an approved budget approaches. First on the agenda was Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith who was present […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on