Special agents with State Auditor Stacey Pickering's office are currently investigating Union County Coroner Mark Golding, according to a press release issued by the agency Thursday afternoon. According to statements made in the press release, Mark Golding is being investigated for issuing false claims and invoices to Union County that he investigated deaths within […]
The New Albany Main Street Association is now accepting call for entries from artists for the 2013 Arts, Beats & Eats. The submission form is available at the New Albany Main Street Association office located at 135 East Bankhead Street or on the Main Street website at www.newalbanymainstreet.com. The deadline for submissions is July 12, […]
Museum Madness 2013 – Camp Create Join us at the Union County Heritage Museum for Camp Create, a week of fun and educational projects, learn and make and take. Camp begins daily at 9 a.m. and ends with parent – pick up at 12 noon. The schedule is changing this year to a week full […]
By The Associated Press Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been given state approval to triple the capacity of its emergency room in New Albany. The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project this week. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services […]
A bank account has been set up to help Janet Barkley from the Blue Springs community. Barkley, a single mother of two, was involved an auto accident on Memorial Day weekend. She hit a horse and sustained severe injuries including a broken neck and head injuries and will have a long recovery time. An account […]
By The Associated Press JACKSON — A woman wanted in Mississippi in the death of a 2-year-old girl has been added to the U.S. Marshals Service’s Most Wanted fugitive list. Janet Killough Barreto is wanted in Union County for failure to appear on charges of manslaughter, three counts of child abuse, six counts of child […]
County municipalities see revamped boards By J. Lynn West Incumbent Will Tucker won the race for Ward 4 alderman Tuesday – the only New Albany office that had not been determined in the primaries and runoff. Tucker defeated Terry Medlin with a ratio of 60.3 percent to 39.7 percent of the vote. Tuesday’s was the […]
The New Albany High School Class of ‘53 60th reunion at the Union County Heritage Museum: (not in order) Larry Brewer, Joe Childers, Ann DeBoe Childers, Jimmy Dodds, Barbara Parr Doughty, Eugene Foley, Martha Porter Gault, James Huey Giles, Sam Gulls, Newt Harrison, Jack Herrington, Ann Garrett Hill, llah Nicholas King, Barbara Marshall Lott, Billy […]
30th Annual Froglevel Festival The 30th annual Froglevel Festival will be held on Saturday, June 8, at the Pratts Community Center in the Pratts Community six miles east of Baldwyn. Events are as follows: Registration for the 5K run begins at 7:00 a.m., 5K begins at 8:00 a.m. Registration cost is $15.00 and includes T-shirt. […]
On behalf of Union County Development Association – Thanks to all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to support Union County at the State of the Region Meeting today in Tupelo. We are honored to be the county with the most people in attendance! We appreciate you all! Sincerely, Joanne Lesley […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry