One of the most emotional events of the year will be taking place June 5 at BNA Bank Park. That is the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. The 17th annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. Friday. The opening ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. This event […]
Ramona Bridges is a nurse. But she is also, as she sometimes forgets to mention, a writer. An award-winning writer, in fact. That possibly curious omission should not come as a surprise considering that Bridges defies several conventions associated with writers. The Seminary, Miss. nurse and author was in New Albany Tuesday to talk about […]
Spray Park Manager Bryan Cook gave the facility a cleaning in preparation this week for its opening for the summer this Saturday. The spray park, at BNA Bank Park, will be open Saturday and Memorial Day, but not Sunday. The regular hours for the spray park will be from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday […]
Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes in the June 2 congressional seat runoff. Her office will be open the same hours the following Saturday with noon, May 30, the absentee voting deadline. A special election was held May […]
The Clint Frazier Memorial Ride will be Saturday, May 23. This is the second year for the event, which will raise money for the Deputy Clint Frazier Emergency Services Scholarship Fund. Frazier was killed in the line of duty while in pursuit of a vehicle on Dec. 18, 2013 near Myrtle. He is survived by […]
If you’re a kid and you’re looking for something fun this summer, check out Kids in the Kitchen. Kids in the Kitchen is described as an action-packed class where kids learn to cook great-tasting food and learn how to make fitness a fun part of their life. Making great tasting snacks are just some of […]
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2015 Memorial Day Holiday Enforcement Period on Friday, May 22, at 6 p.m. and conclude Monday, May 25, at midnight. During the holiday period, all available manpower will be utilized statewide in establishing safety checkpoints to prevent impaired driving, promote seatbelt usage, and to ensure safe operation of […]
CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 19th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 27. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. Dr. David Shaw, vice-president for research and economic development at Mississippi State University, will present the benefits […]
The New Albany Gazette, along with all governmental offices and many businesses, will be closed Monday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day. The May 27 issue of the Gazette will be published as usual but advertising and news deadlines were moved up due to the holiday. The advertising deadline for the May 27 Gazette […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union concluded their spring football practices with scrimmages with Biggersville and Thrasher on Thursday. The Urchins tied Biggersville in the opener 6-6 and defeated Thrasher in the nightcap 13-8. “I was proud of them (Urchins),” East Union coach Kevin Walton said. “They had good effort. We’ve just been teaching […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on