Eunice Marie Carter celebrated her 100th birthday Monday, July 15, with children Joe and Kaye Young. Mrs. Carter, a resident at Graceland Personal Care Home, is a native of the Ingomar community but moved to New Albany in 1962. She worked at the old shirt factory on Highland for many years and later was a […]
Martha Ellen Morgan and Mitchell Lee Cox were married at five o’clock in the evening on April 27, 2013, at First-Trinity Presbyterian Church in Laurel. Reverend Mike Allen and Reverend John Allen Bankson officiated the double-ring ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steven Blue Morgan and the granddaughter of Mr. […]
Itawamba Community College will honor past and current members of the armed forces during Military Appreciation Night, Aug. 29, at the Fulton Campus during ICC’s football game with East Central Community College, which begins at 7 p.m. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission is free […]
United Way of Northeast Mississippi will hold its annual Back to School Resource Fair (Program) on July 20 and 27. This Program will provide free backpacks filled with school supplies to more than 5,000, K-6 school-aged children across seven counties: Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tishomingo and Union. The inaugural event held in 2011, distributed […]
The state’s fifth Sales Tax Holiday will take place during a 48-hour time period beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29, and ending at midnight Saturday, July 30. The popular “back to school” event is worth seven percent in savings to consumers as result of waiving the sales tax on specific items. The items exempt from […]
Ed Ludlow, 75 George Edward “Ed” Ludlow, 75, of Gainesville, Fla., passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at Haven Hospice E.T. York Care Center in Gainesville, Fla. He was born on Aug. 1, 1937, in Miami, Fla., to Luther Spencer Ludlow and Gertrude Hester Clary Ludlow. He graduated from Miami Senior High School in […]
By Sid Salter Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal In the wake of the 5-4 decision of the Supreme Court that held that Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act was unconstitutional unless it was retooled by Congress as a national safeguard against the denial of voting rights rather than as a regional safeguard applied primarily in […]
By Tim Burress Are you up to it? Are you man enough? Is your Team ready? This year’s event will be held at the Union County Fairgrounds Pulling Track, Saturday July 20, at 8:00 p.m. You and your team can register up to the night of the event and the fee is $25.00 per team. […]
Four little “grands” in car seats make for interesting commutes. On their recent week with Mama C and Daddy O, we were on our way to a fun day at the Children’s Museum. An altercation surfaced from the back seat between the two older girls. As the sounds escalated, I interrupted and took on the […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on