Saturday will be the 17th Annual Robertson’s Sportwear slowpitch tournament at BNA Bank Park. All four county schools will be playing against some of the top teams in North Mississippi. Tournament action is set to begin at 9:00. Here is the schedule for the four Union County teams. The schedule could change, but this was […]
Teams from East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle New Albany and West Union will compete on Saturday at the Saltillo Invitational which is one of the largest and most competitive cross country meets in the state. This year is no different with over 40 high school teams scheduled to run. Varsity schedule starts at 10:00 with the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union will celebrate homecoming on Friday night and hope to get back on the winning track against Alcorn Central of Division 1-3A. East Union (2-2) fell to Strayhorn 28-7 on Friday while Alcorn Central (1-3) lost to Hatley 35-7.The Bears also lost to Tishomingo County 55-7 and Walnut 24-8 in the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle took the early lead, but had to hold off a late Ingomar rally to take the 8-6 win in non-division play on Tuesday. “I told the girls that it wasn’t a pretty win, our hitting today wasn’t what it has been,” Myrtle Coach Marty Cook said. “I told them […]
As we head into fall and the holidays ahead, we encourage you to give thought to your charitable giving plans for next year. The United Way of Northeast Mississippi is in the midst of its 2015 fundraising campaign and needs your help to meet the needs of helping-hand agencies in our area. The fundraising goal […]
Circuit Court Judge John Gregory did indeed rule in favor of putting Republican county school superintendent hopeful Roger Browning back on the Nov. 3 general election ballot, as was unofficially said earlier this week. The dispute concerning his candidacy is far from over, however. No sooner had the judge approved an order Tuesday than current […]
Two of the community’s longest-serving law enforcement officers are retiring and were honored with a luncheon at Taylor’s Place Tuesday. Frank McCollum has spent 42 years in law enforcement and James “Bing” Wildman only slightly less at 36 years. McCollum started with the Okolona Police Department, serving as investigator for 22 years, then became Sherman […]
Death and dying was the program topic for Luncheon with Books at the Union County Library Tuesday. The event was one of a series of events related to Nobel Prize-winning New Albany native William Faulkner going on this month and culminating in the writer’s birthday Sept. 25. The reason for the specific program topic was […]
New Albany Main Street Association is hosting their annual membership meeting Thursday, Oct. 1, from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the In Bloom reception hall. Suzanne Smith, president of Mississippi Main Street Association, will be this year’s keynote speaker. Smith is a Senior Vice-President and Western Region Retail Administrator for Renasant Bank. Her degree […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on