The receipt of a $20,000 federal grant to help further develop the local farmers’ market is good news for both the market and downtown New Albany. After a study is conducted to determine the best way to improve the market, the Appalachian Regional Commission will provide up to $20,000 to help implement it. New Albany […]
Nearly 200 Ingomar students from Pre-K through second grade had a special Breakfast With Moms this past Friday at the school. Assistant Principal Roben Denton said the annual event gives students and parents a time to share at the school for parents can see some of what goes on there. The school also sponsored breakfasts […]
Baptist College of Health Sciences recently announced the graduation of Brenda Mansel of Blue Springs. Mansel received her bachelor’s degree in nursing at the April 10 commencement ceremony. Mansel, a graduate of East Union High School, is the daughter of Roy and Margaret Pannell of Blue Springs. The college, established in 1994, offers a Bachelor […]
The Down From the Hills Music Festival, including the Mississippi State Bluegrass Championship, will be held at the Union County Fairgrounds Saturday, May 17, starting at 10 a.m. The state-sanctioned event draws competitors and spectators from a several-state area each year and includes awarding of championship titles for youths and adults in guitar, banjo, mandolin, […]
By Loretta Easley Barbara Cobb was in Florida last week visiting with her seriously sick mother who has cancer and other problems. Mrs. Claire Menge was some better Sunday. We send best wishes for her. Jamie Easley spent Sunday night and Monday in Water Valley with her mother, Amy Joyner and brother Logan. Congratulations to […]
By Martha Hardy This news is a little stale as I was unable to send anything in by email last week due to a problem with the internet service in our area. But first I would like to apologize to the people who were in the Macedonia Community Yard sale. For some reason, the news […]
By Margaret McCraw I trust everyone enjoyed a Happy Mother’s Day this past Sunday. I did, since I was with Patsy Scott, Gwen, Caroline and Sra Beth Hood, Buddy, Cindy and Hunter McCraw, in West Memphis, Ark. Saturday we enjoyed seeing Buddy McCraw’s oldest granddaughter, Gwendy Alexis Windham, wed Casey Rowland in Nesbit. It was […]
Pre-K students from New Albany Elementary School recently enjoyed a visit to the New Albany Career & Technical Center where they participated in activities related to gardening, health, and nutrition. Career & Technical students in April Voyles’ Health Science classes and Kimberly Langley’s Early Childcare & Education classes provided the lessons for the Pre-K students. […]
The 17th annual Union County Relay for Life will be held Friday, May 16, at BNA Bank Park, starting at 5:30 p.m. The annual fund-raiser to fight cancer is considered to be one of the largest and most successful in the state. The program will begin at 6 p.m. with performances by Victory Christian Academy, […]
By Susan Hooker The month of May has brought the cool spell that is commonly called “Blackberry Winter” by the locals as I checked our berries near Tye Whiskey Bottom that were in full bloom, The red roses of May were also in season for Mother’s Day Sunday with the scent of the honeysuckle wafting with the warm breeze. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry