Nationwide and globally recognized scrap metal recycling and waste handling company Green Metals, Inc. opened up a new facility located at 1034 Corolla Lane in Blue Springs. Green Metals, Inc. is a subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho and handles recycling for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Inc. and TMMMS Tier One and Tier Two suppliers. President and […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Angie Wilson, a labor and delivery nurse for the Women’s Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Wilson was nominated by a former patient who praised Wilson for her outstanding care and compassion. Nurses like Wilson are […]
The Town of Myrtle formally opened its new $210,000 municipal building Monday, dedicating the town hall to former resident Murray Coffey, who donated the land. Officials also designated the board room in honor of long-time alderman Joe Graham. Graham was unable to attend but Coffey was on hand along with family members for the […]
The ribbon-cutting at the Jackson Furniture plant in Myrtle Tuesday appears to be just the first in a string of industrial development-related activities in the community. Union County Development Association Executive Director Phil Nanney gave New Albany aldermen an update on several other projects at their February meeting Tuesday. In terms of new industry, Nanney […]
Union County Farm Bureau promoted “Catfish” as the commodity of the month for July. A display was set up complete with fishing bobbers and gummy “worms” for the children. Members were invited to register for two catfish dinners from Fat Luey’s Restaurant. Nell Weeden was the winner. Shown with her receiving the gift certificate are […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – The closing of Newport Furniture could be the end of a 65-year-old furniture manufacturing legacy. Last week, Newport filed for Chapter 7 liquidation, an unsurprising move given its Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filing a few days earlier. Production at the plant had all but ceased in recent […]
With some hope that the economy is improving and anticipating the benefits of Tanglefoot Trail, now is a time that some are thinking about starting a new business or upgrading an existing business. What many may not know is that free, practical, confidential help is available through the Mississippi Small Business Development Center. Serving the […]
Wright Glass and Aluminum, LLC, held a ribbon-cutting this past Tuesday to mark the new ownership of the business by Ray Gafford and Eddie Gafford. The operation of the business, at 111 McGill St., will be unchanged with the same phone number and office hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. According to […]
Shelby Carpenter, a nurse at the Women’s Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Carpenter was nominated by several former patients who praised Carpenter for her compassion and excellent care. Nurses like Carpenter are nominated by patients […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer