Concerning other issues brought up at previous breakfast meetings, Nanney said he had presented most of them to the city board of aldermen. Mayor Tim Kent had already addressed the issue of traffic light timing in the hospital area but said he had not heard back in the past six months. “He said each of […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
The Union County Sheriff’s Department will hold its annual Senior Citizens’ Day in the fairgrounds arena next Thursday, May 22. The annual free event gets some grant support for funding and county officials volunteer to help cook and serve the fish dinners. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said seniors should arrive about 10 a.m., and food will […]
The first group of indictments returned by the Union County grand jury April 15 and 16 have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the papers, then become public. Arraignments in circuit court are scheduled for Monday, May 19. Some of the individuals listed in indictments are […]
Funds also being raised to fund documentary about his experience James Everett Dutschke was scheduled to be sentenced in Aberdeen Tuesday relating to charges of making ricin and mailing poisoned letters to President Barack Obama, Sen. Roger Wicker and Lee County Justice Court Judge Sadie Holland last April and then framing another individual – Ken […]
The qualifying deadline for circuit court positions passed Friday, May 9, with two more candidates joining the race. All but one of the Union County chancery and circuit court judges are running unopposed. The exception is for Circuit Court Judge, District 3 Place 2. Incumbent Robert W. Elliott decided to not seek re-election and local […]
The Union County Development Association is continuing its push to deal with what a group of area industry CEOs see as their biggest problems, and is focusing on traffic in the Glenfield industrial area in particular. UCDA Executive Director Phil Nanney reviewed the issues cited by those at the organization’s monthly breakfast meetings this past […]
Local drivers may want to be extra-conscientious about using their seat belts and infant seats the next few weeks. The New Albany Police Department is participating in the national “Click It or Ticket” driver safety campaign. Tiffany Gates, who obtains and administers the grants, said the department again has received occupant protection safety funds to […]
New Albany has become the beneficiary of a multi-department federal effort to mix locally-grown foods with economic development. Representatives from the Appalachian Regional Commission, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency and U. S. Department of Agriculture were on hand Tuesday to award a Livable Communities grant to be used to improve the local farmers’ market. […]
All menus for the rest of the school year in both city and county districts will be Manager’s Choice.
New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head of the narcotics squad, confirmed this was the largest […]
- Annual New Haven fish fry is next Wednesday May 15, 2015
- City schools hire new basketball coach, variety of administrative, teaching and other coaching positions filled May 20, 2015
- Gazette, governmental offices to close for Memorial Day May 20, 2015
- East Union wraps up spring football with scrimmages May 20, 2015
- Gazette, government offices will close Monday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...