The Junior Auxiliary is holding it Winter Wonderland Charity Ball at Oaks Country Club Saturday, Feb. 6, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 each. Guests will enjoy a nice seated dinner and dancing to the sounds of local band Mississippi Moon. Silent auction items include an autographed Ole Miss football, local artwork, a weekend trip […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
We at the New Albany Gazette strive to present information that is useful and readable, to be good community citizens and to help improve the quality of life for our neighbors. We can’t be successful if people are not reading and using what we produce, however. That means that our readers – and, perhaps even […]
Carey Crain has been chosen Teacher of the Year for the New Albany School District. Crain, who is Teacher of the Year for New Albany High School, was honored this past week along with the other city teachers of the year. They are Becky Farned from New Albany Elementary School, Justin Watson from New Albany […]
Union County Supervisors hit a stumbling block Monday in the process of renovating the former Hickory Springs furniture plant for use by Emerald Furniture. The county has been able to obtain grant money to help fund the $2 million upgrade planned by the new owner so that no local taxpayer money is needed, although the […]
We have mentioned the need for repairs and other improvements to several city streets, particularly those that carry heavy retail, school or emergency medical traffic. They need to be addressed by city officials. Unfortunately, they are not the only part of city infrastructure sadly in need of help. In its day, New Albany’s city hall […]
Union County school students participated in a district reading fair this past Thursday at Ingomar Attendance Center. Winners are listed with photos. First Place In no particular order are Lyla Brock, Reagan Johnson, Emma Clair Bryson, Wesley Dunaway, Emma Akins, Kristen Hill, Ellie Fitts, Griffin Bogue, Rett Johnson, Mrs. Natalie Dye’s Class, Ben Basil, Anna Liz Ray, […]
Union County Republican Women Club and Union County Republican Committee will sponsor a candidate forum for presidential candidates (representatives) at the Union County Court House, Monday, Feb 22, 6:30 p.m. The public will be invited. Speakers will have opportunity to answer questions from moderator and from the floor. This will also be a GOTV event […]
People traveling in the Carter Avenue and South Central areas near the community center and Reeves Street could not help noticing a heavy law enforcement presence late Friday morning. Officers were looking for a suspect wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections for absconding from another jurisdiction and had gotten a tip that he was […]
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann this week proposed a complete overhaul of the state’s election laws. There is no guarantee they will pass but Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford sees only a couple of parts that will have much effect here. The approximately 500-page package was done without involvement from the state circuit clerks […]
Almost every year it can truthfully be said that the musical production to be presented by New Albany High School is the most technically challenging ever. This year’s effort may still leave its predecessors behind. NAHS is presenting Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” as this year’s annual musical production. The story, as familiarized in the popular […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...