Most people have heard of the CREATE Foundation, based in Tupelo, but they may have only a vague idea what it is. Remedying that was part of the goal of this past week’s Business to Business luncheon. The quarterly networking and informational event is sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi and coordinated by the Union […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
Takeya Dean of the New Albany Boys & Girls Club has been selected Youth of the Year. This past week, outstanding candidates from each club participated in the organization Youth of the Year competition. Dean scored the highest points in all four categories of public speaking, candidate essays, interview and overall application. She will […]
New Albany Elementary School teacher Cynthia Parks is the recipient of a $500 Retired Education Personnel of Mississippi grant. The award was based on a proposal by Parks called “Learning in the Clouds” and she said she plans to use the money to purchase tablets for her kindergarten class. “If children are our future, […]
Joseph Warren Lodge #71 of New Albany installed the 2016 lodge officers recently. In the front row, from left, were Joshua George, senior warden; Carl Love, worshipful master; Gregory Vanzile, junior warden; Dean Burchfield, chaplain. In the middle row, from left, were Jim Aldridge, treasurer; Charles Lambert, junior deacon; Dean Thompson, senior deacon; Will Tucker, […]
Mr. and Mrs. Billy J. Farr of Myrtle celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Jan. 2, 2016. A reception was hosted on Dec. 30, 2015 at Cornersville Baptist Church by their children and grandchildren, with family and friends attending.
The Tanglefoot Trail has proved more of a benefit to New Albany and Union County than almost anyone imagined. The city’s construction of a trailhead plaza has enhanced that value even more. But’s there’s a problem. Visitors to New Albany and the trail are essentially left to their own devices without any clear source of […]
2nd Nine Weeks All A’s Greta Quinn Blakemore, Madison Michelle Cotten, Cassidy Paige Denning, Maggie Jo Everett, Jackson Lee Formsma, Jill Alyse Gafford, Anniston Grace Hodges, Analee Caroline King, Emma Grace Laney, Bonnie Beasley Littlejohn, Akayla Kelis Martin, Jacob Colbert Moore, Maggie Marie Moore, Mary Ellis Myers, Rylie Nicole Ozbirn, Cecelia Therese Pullman, Micah Allen […]
By Lou McQuary Macedonia WOM II met at the home of Lou McQuary on Monday, Jan. 18. Attending the meeting were Kathryn Henderson, Pam Ferguson, Teresa Shettles, Tammy Wilkerson, Delorse Douglass, Shelly Grisham, Ramona Smith, Shelia Kirk, and Angelia Churchill. We discussed a new mission project to help with the Auction Page on Facebook to […]
Local and national weather forecasters predict a significant winter storm could impact the Mid-South Thursday through Friday nights, with snow possible across the entire region. The National Weather Service had issued a winter storm watch for most of Northeast Mississippi. A great portion of that area, as of Thursday morning, was upgraded to a winter […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer