The 2014 Republican Senate primary still isn’t over. Tea Party candidate for the U. S. Senate Chris McDaniel formally announced Monday that he is going to appeal the results of the June 24 Republican runoff. Rather than asking for a new election, the two-term Ellisville state senator is asking the state Republican Executive Committee to […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
Brian Crockett was named Best in Show Artist and Lee Ann Thompson was chosen Most Creative Artist at this year’s “Arts, Beats & Eats” event sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association. Manning LLC was selected Best in Show Restaurant for its barbecue. “We had a great turnout,” Main Street Manager Vickie Duke said. […]
Wednesday, Aug. 6, begins the 30-day period during which candidates may qualify to run for the Fifth County School District seat on the board of trustees. Qualifying ends at 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5. The race will be on the Nov. 5 general election ballot, along with candidates for the U. S. Senate, House of […]
Union County supervisors took the next step Monday in trying to get funds to renovate the County Extension Office at the fairgrounds. They formally approved the grant application discussed previously seeking $150,000 from the Small Municipalities and Limited Population Counties Program under the Mississippi Development Authority to help pay for the project. The Extension office […]
Police have charged a New Albany woman with felony child abuse in what Police Chief Chris Robertson calls one of the most serious cases in his career. Shaka Johnson, 29, of Lot 37, 1102 E. Bankhead St. remained jailed here Wednesday with bond set at $100,000 in the case. Chief Robertson said the incident happened […]
When law enforcement officers sustain life-threatening injuries, it is usually in the form of a penetrating wound – from a knife or other sharp object, or from a gunshot. Often, with such wounds, seconds can literally mean the difference between life and death. Many officers have at least minimal first aid training but few are […]
A New Albany man is free on $50,000 bond, accused of attempting to break into a neighbor’s apartment and injure her. Charged with attempted burglary of an occupied dwelling with intent to assault is Michael Demilio, 45, of 305B Madison St. The victim, who was not identified, lives in the other side of the duplex […]
Assistant teacher Katie Vetovitz, first photo, left, helps Candy Hogue register son Mason for the New Albany Elementary School kindergarten program. In the second photo, from left, Ava Vetovitz, Addi Vetovitz and Kylie Gates enjoy refreshments. Teacher Lisa Topper decided to have a “tea” for parents and entering students Wednesday so they could see […]
There is a good chance that New Albany police will be writing more tickets than usual starting this coming Monday. Police Chief Chris Robertson is reminding drivers that the fall session for city schools will begin Aug. 4 and officers will be on the alert. “We want people to know that there will be strict […]
Major building construction appears to be nearly complete on the Fresenius Medical Care dialysis center being built on Denmill Road, behind the post office. Although owner representatives had not responded to a request for specific information about the facility, city officials said the local owner-operator is from Tupelo. According to a company fact sheet, […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...