Fans of Native American culture and flute music are invited to a performance of John Two-Hawks at the Union County Heritage Museum on Saturday, March 1, from 2 – 4 p.m. The title of the event is “Wisdom and Music.” The Grammy and Emmy nominated musician and writer, who is a member of the Lakota […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
The New Albany-Union County EXCEL By 5 Family Resource Center will have the following hours of operation for the spring semester (4-6 p.m. most Mondays and Thursdays). The Family Resource Center is located in the WIN Job Center on the Northeast at New Albany Campus-301 North Street, New Albany. The Family Resource Center has an […]
By Angie Barmer Officials with the New Albany School District are already seeing increased energy savings in the schools with the completion of the Energy Savings Performance Contract with Schneider Electric. Suzanne Coffey, director of accounting services, said that the district has already noticed significant energy savings. “From July 2012 to Jan. 2013, the energy […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors voted Monday to sell an assortment of seized weapons and vehicles along with surplus county and road equipment at public auction. The auction will be Saturday, March 1, at the Union County Fairgrounds starting at 9 a.m. with Kathy Chism of Chism Auction of Myrtle in charge. Items to […]
By Angie Barmer Blue Springs Board of Aldermen continued discussion of a variety of topics during its February meeting, including adopting a sign ordinance for the town. During the discussion, various members described their visits other towns and cities recently to get ideas on which places to look at for ideas for a good sign […]
By Angie Barmer Effective July 1, 2014, Windy Faulkner, current head principal at New Albany Elementary School, and Jamey Wright, current principal at West Union Attendance Center, will be leaving their positions and moving into different school districts once again. Faulkner was recently approved to take over Ron Scott’s position at the Union County School […]
The Town of Myrtle formally opened its new $210,000 municipal building Monday, dedicating the town hall to former resident Murray Coffey, who donated the land. Officials also designated the board room in honor of long-time alderman Joe Graham. Graham was unable to attend but Coffey was on hand along with family members for the […]
City officials are trying to work out a way to get what they believe is their share of the $300,000 Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is giving to Union County annually for education. For now, the county is getting the entire amount. Part of the commitment Toyota made to the Pontotoc-Union-Lee County PUL Alliance in coming […]
Mississippi Severe Weather Preparedness Week is Feb. 3-7, marking the beginning of what is historically a weather-active season. Union County, like the rest of Mississippi, is no stranger to damaging winds, flooding, hail and tornadoes. The state ranks near the top in number of tornadoes, long-track and violent tornadoes and tornado-related fatalities. Part of the […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell When you hear the word “valentine,” what is the first word that comes to your mind? Is it heart? Red? Cupid? Love? Card? Candy? Flowers? Oh-no? If you’re like the majority of folks then the first word you think of is “heart.” Polls reveal the second word that folks claim […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...