This Saturday at noon is the deadline for in-person absentee voting in the congressional race run-off to be held next Tuesday. Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes. A special election was held May 12 to fill the unexpired […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
The 2015 Union County Fair and Livestock Show is about six weeks away and the fair board is working to pin down details for this year’s events. The fair will be July 13-18, although one event, the pony pulling, will be the previous Saturday, July 11. Mitchell Brothers Amusements will again provide the midway and […]
The annual Senior Citizens’ Day at the fairgrounds was held Thursday, sponsored by the Union County Sheriff’s Department, aided by a grant for the day. The event included entertainment, door prizes and a free fish fry with cooking and serving done by law enforcement and other county officials. Organizers said this was perhaps the largest […]
Former students and staff at B. F. Ford School held their annual reunion this past Saturday. Activities were to include a morning program and parade and a banquet and dance that evening.
New Albany High School Principal Lance Evans has been selected Mississippi Principal of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Secondary School Principals. “I will represent MASSP for the 2015-15 school year,” he said, and now is in the running for the title of national secondary principal of the year. The winner is selected on […]
Ramona Bridges is a nurse. But she is also, as she sometimes forgets to mention, a writer. An award-winning writer, in fact. That possibly curious omission should not come as a surprise considering that Bridges defies several conventions associated with writers. The Seminary, Miss. nurse and author was in New Albany Tuesday to talk about […]
Spray Park Manager Bryan Cook gave the facility a cleaning in preparation this week for its opening for the summer this Saturday. The spray park, at BNA Bank Park, will be open Saturday and Memorial Day, but not Sunday. The regular hours for the spray park will be from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday […]
Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes in the June 2 congressional seat runoff. Her office will be open the same hours the following Saturday with noon, May 30, the absentee voting deadline. A special election was held May […]
The Clint Frazier Memorial Ride will be Saturday, May 23. This is the second year for the event, which will raise money for the Deputy Clint Frazier Emergency Services Scholarship Fund. Frazier was killed in the line of duty while in pursuit of a vehicle on Dec. 18, 2013 near Myrtle. He is survived by […]
If you’re a kid and you’re looking for something fun this summer, check out Kids in the Kitchen. Kids in the Kitchen is described as an action-packed class where kids learn to cook great-tasting food and learn how to make fitness a fun part of their life. Making great tasting snacks are just some of […]
- Toyota Corolla production move from Canada to South America will not affect Blue Springs plant May 27, 2015
- Gazette, government offices will close Monday May 22, 2015
- New Albany school board votes to make high school ‘all iPad’ school May 27, 2015
- Fun at the spray park May 27, 2015
- Movies and Moonbeams May 29, 2015
- Emerald Home Furnishings moving here, bringing 150 jobs May 29, 2015
- Teens face charges in mass mailbox vandalism May 29, 2015
- Folk music festival, bluegrass competition again called success May 29, 2015
- Victim’s name released in fatal weather-related accident May 29, 2015
- Traffic stop nets supply of crystal meth May 29, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...