The Union County Board of Supervisors had no progress to report Monday in finding an approved facility to house mental patients from the community but Chancery Clerk Annette Hickey said they are continuing to talk with various agencies in hope of finding a solution. The county had contracted with Region IV Mental Health Services to […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue
The railroad may be an integral part of New Albany’s history but even ardent train lovers are bothered from time to time by the loud train horns that can drown out programs at the courthouse or civic center and make it impossible to carry on business or even a telephone conversation downtown. Now, it appears […]
Police are investigating a burglary early Sunday at Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant #2 at 180 Park Plaza Drive. Chief Chris Robertson said a cleaning crew was working in the restaurant about 6:30 a.m. and noticed the office door was broken open. They called owner Jorge Huerta, who called police. “Officers found the office door busted […]
What is now the increasingly-popular Tanglefoot Trail began as a commercial railroad venture by Col. W. C. Falkner of Ripley, great-grandfather of Nobel-Prize-winning author William Faulkner. Building that railroad turned out to be far from a simple matter, however, thanks to many name changes, ownership changes, financial challenges and competition from other rail entrepreneurs. This […]
Despite heavy rains, their first patient showed up at 6 p.m. the evening before, bringing a folding chair and pillow. By 3 a.m. a few more had come in and by the time the office opened, close to 100 were crowding the waiting room, lined up out the door and huddled under a tent provided […]
Zoning and zoning change requests have been in the news lately – whether it be relating to housing development, commercial building or even the keeping of chickens. City planners see this as signs of growth but the idea of zoning may not have much meaning for most citizens unless they are active developers. It […]
Junior Miss Union County Fair Winners in the Junior Miss Union County Fair Pageant held Tuesday were, from left, third alternate, Kylee Grace Hudson, 9, daughter of Steve and Amanda Garrison and Ray Hudson; second alternate, Starrlyn Smith, 9, daughter of Rose Jones and Gene Smith and Lille Murry; first alternate, Charlsie Paige […]
Four people are in custody in connection with a home invasion in the western part of the county this weekend that left a local man in critical condition due to multiple stab wounds. Charged with aggravated assault and burglary are Joshua Craig Murry, 29, of 9858 Hwy. 341, Pontotoc; Greg Keith Canerdy, 28, of 1013 […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital officials are welcoming the public to view the community’s new $12 million emergency medical department this Friday. A formal ribbon-cutting will be held at 10 a.m. July 18. Some of those involved in the project will make brief comments, the ribbon will be cut and tours and refreshments will then be provided. […]
The Union County Fair got off to a wet start when a cold front accompanied by gusty winds and rain moved through the area Monday evening, but that same front was expected to bring unusually cool weather to make life better for fair-goers the rest of the week. The fair began unofficially with border collie […]
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Dealer and Xplorers battle to tie in Cotton States July 22, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Bulldogs wrap up summer soccer in Pontotoc July 23, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown July 23, 2014
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant July 23, 2014
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail July 23, 2014
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain July 23, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain